This role will provide an exciting opportunity for someone to combine a passion for learning & development with excellent communication and relationship building skills. We are looking for a Sales Coach / Trainer to assist with the company’s efforts to ensure a world-class sales team.
This is a varied role whereby the successful candidate will be working across a range of products and will be responsible for creating and delivering training courses, supporting training initiatives, managing training programs and 1:1 coaching that improves sales competence, sales confidence and enhances business development / retention efforts.
We're seeking candidates with a proven background in Inside Sales with a passion for learning and an aptitude for coaching and training. S/he will possess strong communications skills, will understand their audience and will provide engaging, informative sessions for sellers to enhance their learning experience. They will be comfortable working to challenging timescales and will have demonstrable experience of being able to prioritise and manage their own time in a deadline-driven environment.
This role requires a proactive, motivated, organized, responsible individual who is able to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented and entrepreneurial environment.
- Conduct targeted development sessions to meet business needs and training objectives such as online web-based programs, classroom instructor lead training, live webinar sessions etc.
- Oversee and deliver relevant parts of onboarding for new starters, ensuring that their skills and knowledge are enhanced to maximize sales, revenue and the reputation of the business.
- Oversee call coaching and support management and employees refine their persona based value selling skills through coaching.
- Collaborate with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of the business needs and job specific responsibilities then incorporate these in procedures, regulations, business initiatives, technologies and performance based training programs.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Sales Certification Programme to ensure that the B2B sales team is full certified to sell.
- Ensure that there is a high level of understanding and knowledge of our B2B products and the mind-set of the customers.
- Assist in the development and ongoing improvement of the sales process and methodology and work with key performance metrics to spot areas that need improvement and develop training accordingly.
- Conduct needs assessments and performance analysis to determine training gaps through surveys, assessments and performance analysis to establish future trainings.
- Build appropriate assessments into learning cycle for all training and coaching provided.
- Work where appropriate with external trainers to bring in specialized training where necessary and ensure that learning’s delivered is followed through and utilized by doing any follow up training/mentoring required.
- Conduct appropriate Train the Trainer sessions with the other sales coaches / trainers to ensure they are up to speed with the latest status/content on the topic.
- Co-ordinate activity with the sales coaches / trainers globally to ensure a consistent sales training experience is delivered.
- At least 2 years of experience as a successful, quota carrying salesperson.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Ability to motivate others and foster teamwork.
- Understand different cultural sensitivities and their effect on training delivery.
- Experienced at building effective client relationships through positive communication, honesty and trust.
- Target driven and proven self-starter with ability to deliver on targets without constant supervision.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a hands-on approach and demonstrated ability to multi-task and think creatively.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks.
- Strong organizational and analytic skills.
- Facilitation, coaching and training experience preferred,
- Experience working with Inside Sales organizations preferred.
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, TripAdvisor is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.