The Senior Campaign Analyst plays an integral role in supporting and enabling the TripAdvisor Hotel & OTA Sales team to grow our business with our largest Online Travel Agency and Hotel chain clients across a portfolio of products.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to be part of a truly global team at TripAdvisor - the world’s largest travel site that enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. In this role, you get to work with our largest OTA and Hotel chain clients, see how they leverage our platform and solutions to market their products and services, and you get to immerse yourself in the online advertising space that offers constant learning opportunities. You’ll leverage the wealth of TripAdvisor data to identify cross- and upsell opportunities and create optimization recommendations that caters to the needs of our key clients - with the prospect of having a significant impact on our business.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for an experienced, mature and dynamic self-starter with a track record of successfully leveraging data and an analytical approach to solve problems and create opportunities. You are passionate about the online marketing space and using a data-driven approach to identify and drive initiatives to improve our clients’ performance and deliver value.
Working in close collaboration with the Sales, Product and Data Science teams as well as team members around the globe you will need a desire to contribute to an open & collaborative working environment across time-zones, a passion for learning and for imparting your knowledge to others and an innate ability to consistently and autonomously produce high quality deliverables.
If you are keen to rapidly make an impact, are not afraid of hard work and are ready to be part of a fast paced, dynamic and challenging online advertising sales environment, then want to chat with you.
Digital Marketing experience strongly preferred.
Reporting to the Head of Campaign Analytics, the Senior Campaign Analyst is responsible for the following critical tasks:
- Leverage TripAdvisor data from various sources, combined with excellent communication and presentation skills to:
- Offer insights and client specific recommendations for revenue optimization, ensuring client KPIs are met
- Present up & cross-sell opportunities and optimization recommendations to clients - in Quarterly Business Reviews and other forums
- Support the Sales team and client with data-intense, advanced performance analysis & campaign optimization – in close collaboration Data Science & Product teams
- Provide custom reporting to Sales and clients
- Be a thought partner to the Sales team, understanding client objectives, needs and campaign performance in order to provide strategic insights & recommendations. Translate recommendations into clear and actionable tactics for the client
- Work closely with the Product team to gain thorough knowledge about the relevant products, act as a Product expert for Sales and partners: answering functional questions around products, features tools and reporting, provide input to the product roadmap
- Design and deliver trainings to the Sales team on new products, features & reports
- Work closely with analytics teams and other teams responsible for data sources, taking an active role in identifying business challenges and developing best practices to address/resolve these
What we need from you:
- BS/MS in a technical field, with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in data analysis & technical sales preferably within the online industry
- Expert understanding of SQL, experience with utilizing Python or R to analyze large data sets and create visualizations
- Expert understanding of Excel, some experience with Salesforce
- Excellent problem-solving & analytical skills. The ability to combine creative use of insight and data with attention to detail, while balancing these details with the larger business objectives
- Excellent written and oral communication, the ability to listen, great interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will be interacting daily with multiple key internal & external stakeholders
- Ability to drive and own projects and work to a deadline, prioritizing workloads effectively
- A self-starter who demonstrates initiative, entrepreneurship, and tenacity while working independently. Thrives on challenges and works proactively
- Comfortable with and adaptable to change. The team works in an innovative fast paced environment where products and processes evolve rapidly
- Open and collaborative, positive nature, a strong team player
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced, highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed expectations
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Flexible and open to change and new information; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Treats colleagues and partners with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business