Senior Product Manager, Restaurants B2C Native Apps
The Restaurants Business Unit is a rapidly growing startup within TripAdvisor. With 4+ million listed places to eat worldwide and 450+ million total monthly active users using TripAdvisor, we help travellers and locals discover great restaurants and help restaurant owners market to those future diners. As a Senior Product Manager on the Restaurants B2C team, you will work with the team’s engineers, UX Designers, and fellow product managers to drive meaningful business results. We iterate and deploy code fast. Our mission is to become the most trusted source for helping travelers find memorable food experiences.
Ideal candidates will have a passion for travel and restaurants, fluency with complex data, experience optimizing various online user journeys and the ability to create simple and usable user experiences that provide measurable results. Candidates will also understand appreciate the latest in mobile app design and development. Product Managers work with the team engineering manager and designers to delivery solutions to users that solve business problems and customer needs. They will work with the squads product leadership to define the product roadmap.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with squad product leadership to define new product development initiatives utilizing user and competitive research, business case development, scoping, and all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights and building ad-hoc reports. You will be expected to report on all aspects of your squads business objective.
- Continuously launch new A/B tests aimed at improving traveler conversion and diner behavior metrics.
- Work with cross-functional teams as product/project manager to define product specifications, establish milestones, and manage quality assurance activities.
- Talk to potential diners often and seek to understand what motivates, frustrates and keeps them happy. Take this knowledge and turn it into great products and features.
- Have an eye for good UX, working with a talented team of designers.
- You’re inquisitive about how the platform works and want to fix mediocre implementations when you see them.
- Research, troubleshoot, diagnose, and recommend solutions to complex business and technical problems. You will be the final sign off of a product before it is seen by millions of users - so you must QA thoroughly.
- Work with the engineering team to plan agile sprints.
- Represent the restaurants users and team in cross-functional meetings within TripAdvisor product organization.
What We Seek:
- 5+ years of work experience with at least 3 years in a Product Management capacity of comparable Internet product management experience
- Someone technical enough to understand the basics of how developing product in an internet company works.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues. Experience with web or mobile analytics packages (e.g. Google Analytics) and Excel highly preferred. Familiarity and willingness to learn SQL will be a plus.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate efficiently both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure that projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred. Experience with project tracking and collaboration software will be a plus (e.g. JIRA).
- Experience with Mobile Apps and/or mobile web is strongly preferred.
- Must be a great team player that works well in collaborative situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus