TheFork (previously known as Dimmi) connects diners with more than 4,500 of the country's hottest restaurants. Through TheFork (website and app), as well as through TripAdvisor, users can easily select a restaurant, consult user reviews, check real-time availability and instantly book online.
From the restaurants side, TheFork provides them with a software solution, TheFork Manager, that enables restaurants to optimize reservations management, streamline operations and ultimately improve service and revenues, following Yield Management principles of price variability depending on time, practices which are used successfully in the travel and hotel industries.
TheFork is part of TripAdvisor® and is the leading online restaurants reservation platform in Europe with a network of 50,000 restaurants worldwide and 18 million monthly visits.
Business Development Consultant (BDC) reports to Head of Business Development and will be responsible for lead generation as well as initiatives that increase sales effectiveness and efficiency. We are looking for an individual that is passionate about selling and the restaurant industry, highly organized, and thrives in a fast-paced work environment. BDCs are based at our headquarters in Redfern, Sydney and work collaboratively with the Field Sales team to sign new Restaurants to the TheFork cloud based reservation software and the TheFork Network.
● Researching/Generating new sales leads, compiling list of prospective clients
● Book and confirm quality appointments for one member of the field team focusing on VIP prospect restaurants
● Engaging via phone with restaurant owners to sell the full Dimmi suite of products or part there of. This includes contacting the client, communicating and re-communicating with the client on price negotiations, credit terms negotiations, contract term negotiations.
● Full use of CRM (salesforce) to record all activity including sales, appointments set, calls made
● Organising training for accounts that are sold. This involves communicating internally with our trainers and the restaurant owner to ensure smooth delivery of our services.
● Understanding your own focus market and goals
● Attend training provided and keep updated on market trends
● Developing and maintaining client relationships
● Reports directly into sales manager who will hold responsible to targets and key KPI’s
Requirements for the role:
● Experience in a high paced sales environment or similar team
● Proven track record in over performing on targets
● Ability to prioritise and handle multiple tasks
● Excellent communication and presentation skills
● Extremely detail oriented
● Previous salesforce experience preferred
● Bi-Lingual preferred
Opening date: Monday 20th May 2019
Closing Date: Tuesday 18th June 2019
Salary: $53,900 - $65,000