TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site, is looking for a talented iOS engineer in the Hotels Business Unit. The TripAdvisor apps (iOS and Android) have been downloaded more than 100 million times, ranked as one of the most downloaded travel apps in the world. We are helping hundreds of millions of travelers to “Know better, Book better, Go better” for their trips.
We move quickly - projects are short (generally 3-7 days), and we release frequently. You'll ship code almost every week, and the features you create will be used by millions of people every day. Although you will be primarily working on iOS, you will be exposed to the full stack development, including iOS/Android native, the API layer, the service layer, and down to the database. TripAdvisor is well known for having an extremely strong engineering organization - you'll be working with the best, playing with cool toys and getting stuff done, in the most impactful area of an incredibly profitable, growing, fun company.
What you’ll do
- Code! We publish new app versions with cool features to the App Store every 2 weeks.
- Operate across our evolving technology stack - we’re developing in Swift, Java, GraphQL, MicroService, and more.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of software engineering, from design to implementation, QA and maintenance.
- Collaborate closely with Product and design teams to define feature specifications and develop high quality deliverables for our customers.
- Have fun. We have book reading groups, technical (or not technical) talks, happy hours, free lunch 3 days a week
What we’re looking for
- Computer Science degree or equivalent experience
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and OO Design
- iOS development experience with Objective-C and Swift
- A good grasp of UIKit, MVC, and preferably MVVM
- Willingness and ability to take on new technologies. Fast learner.
- Ability to break down complex problems into simple solutions
- High quality verbal and written communication skills
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 702 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide – covering approximately 7.7 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors**, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.