Engineering management role within a high-growth division of TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site.
We are looking for an experienced team leader to join a growing team. The role is diverse and needs a balanced individual who can demonstrate an interest in operating at all levels of the business. The successful candidate must be able to manage the local team, engage with Product, Analytics, Operations and other Engineering teams and stakeholders around the world and get their hands dirty in the code.
This position reports to the Salesforce Technical Manager and will be responsible for overseeing the day to day operations of the Sydney Salesforce engineering team in a fast paced and ever-changing environment.
The ideal Salesforce Team Leader will be able to think tactically and strategically, be a skilled communicator and a team player. They will have deep hands-on experience in both administration and development on a global Salesforce instance. They will have proven knowledge and expertise with APEX and Visualforce development.
Key Skills / Experience / Knowledge / Qualifications
- A management style that is compatible and complimentary with the existing company culture. Key attributes would include openness, integrity, collaborative decision making, and an informal but direct communication style
- A strong drive for getting features done quickly and successfully
- Passion for technology and personal interest in keeping abreast of latest technology developments and engineering management practices
- A balanced individual, both personally and professionally, with a sense of humour and fun; someone who will add positive energy to the company’s environment through his/her personality
- Interest and ability in being a positive advocate for change. Not afraid to shake things up for the long term good of the business
- Strong communicator, with ability to effectively communicate within the engineering team and across departments and geographies; someone who can both explain his/her perspective and work collaboratively to come to timely and well-understood decisions
- Strong interest in managing, mentoring and motivating senior and junior software engineers; someone who is good at both giving and receiving honest and constructive feedback
- Level-headed, focused manager who is able to pay attention to detail as needed, but does not lose the big picture
- 4+ years engineering management experience
- Demonstrated experience motivating and leading high performing teams
- Proven ability to successfully grow a talented software engineering team, with experience building the right environment and processes to maximize productivity
- Ability to recognise and grow leaders within the team
- Ability to spot and manage under-performing team members
- Proven track record in successful delivery of complex technology focused projects
- Experience in stakeholder management in a project environment
- Expertise in all aspects of configuration and coding, with the practical skills to identify when configuration vs. customization is needed and direct those requirements
- Knowledge of and ability to solution with regards to Salesforce governor limits
- A strong sense of ownership of all the projects and problems being worked on by the teams
- Partner with business and technical teams to understand, plan and mitigate impacts of Salesforce releases and releases of other integrated applications.
- Salesforce certified - at least one of the following - Administrator, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer
- Experience working with Service Cloud Console deployments
- Experience working with international teams is a big plus
- Development experience for Classic and Lightning