TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for an experienced professional to expand our brands’ presence via key partnerships with cruise lines, content creators from media publishers, brands and influencers, as well as drive the growth of our social media programs across both Cruise Critic and TripAdvisor Cruises.
This role directly reports to the Senior Manager PR and Partnerships based in our Ewing, NJ office.
You will own Cruise Critic’s social media strategy for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other emerging channels, as well as the Cruise portion of TripAdvisor’s social media presence. At the core, you drive the strategy to expand awareness, traffic and followers for Cruise Critic’s social channels and TripAdvisor’s Cruise vertical.
Additionally, you’ll be responsible for establishing relationships with cruise line partners and uncover new opportunities to promote our brands and develop new marketing programs.
Significant collaboration among internal stakeholders in sales, editorial, product, and marketing is expected to align and drive forward new initiatives and nurture partner relations. Additionally, collaboration across TripAdvisor PR and Social teams is expected to align on media plans for TripAdvisor Cruises.
This role requires an assertive, independent and resourceful candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong social marketing knowledge, combined with solid relationship building, analytical and communication skills. They will have a strong background in social media, partner acquisition and management. Previous experience in working with publishers/influencers would be valuable.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain cruise line relationships to create new partnership opportunities and marketing initiatives, as well as support sales relationships and opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with partners in Editorial, Marketing, PR, Sales, and CRM to develop and execute on campaigns to support key marketing or partnership initiatives, including promotion plans and outreach for our annual awards programs.
- Contribute to TripAdvisor social content partner strategy by identifying and recruiting cruise lines and influencers to grow TripAdvisor’s cruise presence.
- Define & drive the strategy to grow audiences and user engagement for Cruise Critic on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and other emerging channels with a tailored approach for each, including paid boosting for Facebook.
- Collaborate with TripAdvisor’s social team to create cruise content for TripAdvisor’s various social channels.
- Work in close alignment with peers across other TripAdvisor teams to cross-promote cruise content.
- Build social plans for Cruise Critic’s live editorial coverage by liaising between Cruise Critic’s editorial team and cruise line contacts.
- Develop & implement new strategic initiatives to drive two-way conversations with travelers to create engaging, clickable, shareable social content that encourages virility and ensures the brand remains a top-of-mind source for cruise & travel inspiration.
- Conduct relevant analyses and user research to inform both the social and partnership strategy and roadmap.
- Determine, monitor, and report on all social channel KPIs. Apply any data-driven insights to optimize each channel strategy accordingly.
- Manage the social budget to stay within annual budget targets and maximize return on spend.
- Ensure all content adheres to the brand voice and brand guidelines.
- 5+ years of online marketing and/or social media experience working on a consumer-facing brand. Experience building and growing external relationships with corporate organizations and influencers a plus.
- Deep understanding of the social media landscape.
- Demonstrated track record of developing organic content & programs that drive measurable audience growth and user engagement across multiple social channels, and contribute to wider marketing strategies and initiatives.
- Experienced brand storyteller with a passion for developing innovative, compelling creative across photography, copy, and video; able to adapt creatively per channel.
- Deep understanding of social media analytics and business analytics; able to translate data insights into optimized, strategic, and compelling content.
- Must be a collaborative, cross-functional team player and comfortable partnering with variety of teams.
- Possess exceptional writing skills and pay close attention to detail, grammar, and tone.
- High degree of comfort communicating insights and presenting results to leadership.
- Highly resourceful, with creative problem-solving skills that focus on efficient execution while balancing big-picture thinking.
- Strong sense of ownership and entrepreneurial spirit; scrappy and proactive, always looking for ways to take initiative and improve existing programs / processes.
- Exceptional time management and project management skills, requiring minimal supervision.