TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumer’s high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward.
We’re a passionate, fun, and analytical team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Finance Manger to join our team to provide support across our Vacation Rentals and Experiences business units.
The role is Oxford based with 2 direct reports within a finance team of 15 and will report directly to the Head of Accounting.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a busy and fast paced finance department. As well as strong core accounting skills in US GAAP/IFRS.
This position will have responsibility for supporting all parts of our financial reporting process. In addition, this position will be expected to manage internal and external audit stakeholders.
We are currently looking for candidates who are at the senior manager level. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 9+ years of professional experience with financial reporting and internal control related responsibilities.
Many of our candidates for this position will also have held similar positions in larger public companies or who have held a senior manager level position with a Big 4 public accounting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 2 or more years.
Demonstrated experience in leading teams to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
- Degree in accounting or qualified Accountant with CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- 7+ years of related experience
- Big 4 public accounting experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Familiarity with GAAP.
- Strong experience in Local Tax compliance reporting.
- Experience of preparing European statutory financial statements
- Experience with documenting accounting conclusions
- Operational accounting experience with one or more Fortune 500 companies
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and accounting challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Excellent analytical skills