TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for a talented Senior UX/UI Product Designer to design engaging experiences on TripAdvisor’s native and web platforms for the Flights, Rental Cars, and Cruises parts of the TripAdvisor business. As part of our team, your product UX/UI experience will play a vital role in acquiring new customers and enabling millions of travelers around the world to research, plan, and book their perfect trip.
You should be experienced with translating business and user goals into impactful and user-centric designs, which includes but not limited to wireframing, prototyping, user testing, and visual design. As a part of the design team, you will work closely with product managers, developers, and other designers, as well as with brand, marketing, usability, copywriting and other product partners.
In short: Awesome brand. Global audience. Collaborative environment. Cool teams. Free lunches. Design & influence for a living.
What You Will Do
- Partner closely with product and engineering to translate business and users’ goals into elegant but practical designs that can deliver on key business and user metrics
- Ensure designs and user interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across all platforms, and are in alignment with core site and branding strategy
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques, including observational studies, customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of requirements discovery
- Use best practices and standards related to UX / IA across TripAdvisor products and features
- Hands-on production of user requirements, storyboards, wireframes, scenarios, flowcharts, design prototypes, and design specifications
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and team members to brainstorm new products, features, and functionalities that enhance our mobile and web experiences
- Drive and/or collaborate on all cyclical user testing sessions
- Help create, maintain and enforce the brand book, templates, style guides and toolkits
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 5 to 9 years of experience designing for iOS, Android and Web
- Online portfolio that showcases your design skills and demonstrates originality, innovation, and strong problem-solving skills
- Shipped many consumer products over the years, and understand what it takes to create delightful, consumer-oriented experiences
- Comfortable designing within iOS and Android native platform guidelines, and have portfolio examples to show it
- Expert knowledge of design tools such as Sketch and Principle
- Excellent communicator who has conviction to champion your point of view, but can also successfully collaborate with others
- Portfolio submission required