Partnerships Manager, APAC
TripAdvisor is the world’s largest travel website with 490M average monthly unique users and operating in 49 markets. More users rely on its content and booking solutions every month than any other online travel company to plan their travels.
The Partnerships team develops strategic and high profile b2b relationships with industry leaders in each market to achieve win-win objectives including revenue, brand and content.
We are looking for an experienced tech professional to join our APAC Partnerships team in our APAC HQ in Singapore to continue the strong growth of TripAdvisor’s presence in some of our fastest growing markets.
This role requires an assertive, effective and resourceful candidate who enjoys working in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment. The Partnerships Manager, APAC will manage and grow our partner base with strong technical competency, solid analytical, relationship building and communication skills, and be part of our APAC Partnerships team.
S/he will have a strong background in business development or account management, with previous experience in sales, partnerships, affiliates or content syndication at leading tech or travel brands.
The role will report to Senior Manager of Partnerships, APAC based in Singapore.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Manage key partnerships, develop additional initiatives to deepen engagement and grow revenue, content or brand results
- Identify new leads in priority markets and sectors, initiate engagement and negotiate deals that contribute to defined metrics
- Drive negotiations with partners as company contact point to align and represent multiple internal business unit objectives
- Managing contract revisions in English with the support of the legal team
- Liaise with internal product and engineering teams to effect deal implementation
- Implement new partners and optimize to achieve and grow target results
- Tracking and analysing key partner performance against goals, highlight growth opportunities and facilitate solutions with partner and internal teams
- 3 years or more years’ experience in business development at a leading tech, travel or media company, experience in content syndication will be a bonus
- Target driven and proven self-starter with ability to deliver on commercial targets in a fast-paced environment without supervision
- Demonstrated ability to close deals and think creatively around user needs, partner opportunities and potential solutions
- Experienced in growing client relationships through a positive track record of delivering business results
- Confident with technical interaction, enjoys problem solving and utilizing digital products to ensure successful project implementation
- Excellent prospecting, negotiation and analytic skills to ensure partnerships are secured and executed with optimum performance
- Strong track record in managing internal relationships, across different geographies and nationalities
- Able to leverage or relate to contacts in the travel and/or media communities in APAC, a good understanding of the online travel industry would be an asset
- Fluency in English and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese - necessary for Chinese market interactions)
- Able to travel (average once a month)