Director of Business Development
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor Experiences, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
We are looking for highly motivated Director of business development to help grow TripAdvisor Experiences’ supply distribution partnerships. This will involve identifying and evaluating growth markets, and leading the acquisition team to form high potential partnerships with strategic value.
You have a high degree of commercial acumen and take an analytical approach to evaluating markets and opportunities. You possess strong skills in partner relationship development and negotiation, thrive on overcoming obstacles, and are analytically minded when solving problems.
You will report to the Senior Director of Business Development at TripAdvisor Experiences and contribute as a senior member of the Experiences Business Development team.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Build a detailed understanding of the Experiences third party distribution landscape
- Collaborate on the development of a global partnerships growth strategy in line with our overall business goals
- Identify, engage, negotiate and close commercial partnerships that support the long-term growth of the business
- Work closely with other members of the Experiences organization, including product. affiliates, analytics, customer service and finance
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Excellent at initiating and forming business relationships with new partners
- Actively seeks evidence and data for answering key questions
- Clear communication through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, concise, convincing and organized manner.
- Proven ability to develop team members, encouraging people to reach their potential whilst providing regular feedback and guidance
Key Skills / Experience
- 6+ years of business development and distribution experience; with at least 3 years management experience
- Experience in high-tech, e-commerce, travel and fast growth business strongly preferred
- Confident presenter with excellent verbal and written presentation skills
- Target-driven and motivated self-starter with ability to work autonomously
- Ability to think across commercial, product and technical elements of partnerships
- High attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines