TripAdvisor Experiences team is a fast growing team at TripAdvisor, as well as a market leader in its space. We are looking for an experienced Senior UI Engineer to work on the Experiences vertical of TripAdvisor.com website. In this role, you will be leading engineering projects for our biggest demand channel, working on enhancing the user experience for travelers, improving the discoverability of tours and activities, making optimizations on the purchase funnel and investing in our infrastructure that empowers the largest travel site in the world.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with design and product to test new concepts, deliver new features.
- Stewardship of UI/UX implementations
- Mentorship of engineers
- Advocate for best practice and technological direction of UI/UX development company wide.
- Full-stack engineer with emphasis on front-end
In return you will bring:
- Experience on many modern web UI technologies, tools, libraries and frameworks. (redux, flow, bootstrap, requirejs, nodejs, RxJS, React, DustJs)
- Familiar with Web UI testing framework (mocha, jest)
- Experience with cross-browser development. (WebKit, Blink, Gecko, EdgeHTML)
- Experience with mobile first responsive design and development.
- Experience working with any Java (or other OOP language) based MVC framework or REST APIs
- Experience with progressive web application
- Be user focused, understand user biology, psychology, sociology, and sciences on user decision making process.
- Experience with Full Stack Development
- Experience with modern API development and technologies (GraphQL)
- Experience building UI/UX for Search and/or Recommendations in a eCommerce site