TripAdvisor is the world's largest and most influential travel platform that helps travellers unleash the full potential of every trip.
This position will sit within the newly established Business Operations and Strategy team in APAC, and be focused on conducting user research to drive key product initiatives for APAC. We are seeking a highly analytical, seasoned and motivated individual keen to make an impact on how consumers travel. The right candidate will be experienced in research methods, such as in-depth interviewing and usability testing, experienced with designing surveys and basic survey analysis, passionate about research and travel, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, and excited to work closely with APAC management on driving growth in the region. The role will be based in Singapore.
- Define product research strategy and manage projects across a variety of methodologies
- Identify and optimize key opportunities to develop user insights and influence customer behavior to drive towards TripAdvisor’s goals
- Design and conduct qualitative studies, including unmoderated and moderated usability studies, focus groups etc.), analyze data, and report findings and actionable insights. This will include:
- Traveling to meet users in person locally, and to other cities
- Coordination of on-the-ground user research activities, including participant scheduling and coordination, transportation logistics, etc.
- Design and field surveys, analyze data, and report findings
- Maintain ongoing research initiatives, including projects with external research vendors
- Communicate research findings internally in clear and compelling ways
- Work cross-functionally with brand marketing, product design, and product management
- Minimum 5 years of professional user research experience
- Extensive experience with qualitative research methods: usability testing, contextual inquiries, card sorting, focus groups, etc.
- Experience with writing surveys and survey data analysis
- Fluency in English and one other Asian language
- High energy, self-motivated, optimistic, flexible and outcome-focused
- Able to present clear, actionable results to different types of audiences
- Able to ask, and answer, meaningful and impactful questions
- Able to work autonomously, as well as coordinate closely with our global UX research team based in HQ (Needham, MA)
- Passionate about new products, technologies and emerging consumer Internet business models in Asia