Senior Product Manager, Japanese Market
TripAdvisor provides a unique, global work environment that captures the speed, innovation and excitement of a startup, at a thriving, growing and well-established industry brand. At TripAdvisor, you will be part of a dynamic, fun, and energetic team where you can immediately make meaningful contributions.
The TripAdvisor Experiences team is seeking an enthusiastic, passionate Senior Product Manager to help lead our growth in the Japanese market. You will work on traveler and supplier facing products to deliver an experience that acknowledges unique differences in language, culture and business practices in Japan.
In this role, you will help guide international strategy and prioritisation, coordinate work across initiatives and liaise with stakeholders across TripAdvisor. You will translate business needs into product plans that incorporate appropriate research and stakeholder input. To be a successful candidate, you will be passionate about data, able to craft a vision, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. Your communication skills allow you to excel at collaborating in a global team environment, working in several time zones.
In the Experiences business unit, you will have the opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing areas at TripAdvisor, where you will have a lot of ownership and will be contributing directly to TripAdvisor’s growth and success.
What You’ll Do:
- You’ll help define international product strategy and roadmaps that identify areas where improvement is needed; and capitalize on unmet opportunities.
- Develop requirements, specifications, and work with engineering to deliver enhancements to our consumer experience to acknowledge differences in language, culture and business practices around the world.
- Perform market-specific quality assurance and work with engineering to ensure we maintain a world class, market-specific product.
- Define success metrics for new projects and track them on a regular basis to ensure that all projects and existing functionality are moving towards our defined goals.
- Perform user and market research to identify user problems and help solve them in a way that meets the needs and expectation of users in the specific market.
What We’re Looking For:
- 5+ years of project & product management experience
- Demonstrated experience working in Japanese markets as a PM, leveraging native-level fluency in the Japanese language
- Creativity and curiosity. A creative problem solver with a deep curiosity about our business and product.
- Excellent communication skills. Being able to communicate effectively both strategic vision and specific details to various stakeholders, from senior leadership to individual project members. Being able to write clear and concise product requirements, status updates and product results.
- Strong analytical skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and recommend effective action plans to resolve issues.
- Project management skills. Someone with responsibility to ensure multiple projects are completed in an appropriate and timely manner. Experience with agile methodologies highly preferred.
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results drive environment with multiple responsibilities.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills are essential.
- Experience with international expansion will be a plus.
- A passion for high quality user experience and travel.