About TripAdvisor Rentals and Experiences:
Holiday Lettings Limited is part of TripAdvisor Rentals and Experiences. We aim to cover all vacation rental and in-vacation experiences associated with a self-created vacation. Rental properties are delivered via property managers or owners. Property managers most often provide on-site help with an experienced local staff and hospitality service. Property owners typically provide personal and direct contact, flexible rates and dates with more options in smaller towns. These property owners and managers list their properties with TripAdvisor companies FlipKey or Holiday Lettings or one of our trusted partners worldwide. Tours and experiences are available worldwide through Viator.
TripAdvisor.com is the largest travel community in the world and a leader in the growing online travel market, offering consumers high-quality, unbiased content plus booking opportunities via our partner booking engines. If you're interested in joining a group of extraordinary people at one of the world’s fastest growing travel media web sites, join TripAdvisor. At TripAdvisor, we combine a unique mix of creativity, analytics, and a casual environment to get innovative new products and services to market faster, and we need the best and the brightest contributors to help move that forward. We’re a passionate and fun team with the energy of a start-up and the stability of a profitable enterprise.
-We are seeking a Finance Apprentice to assist with a variety of tasks within our Experiences and Vacation Rentals accounting team.
-The role is based within the finance and accounting department (a total team of 15), reporting to the Finance Manager but will also involve developing close working relationships with other departments in the business.
-The ideal candidate will be preparing to study for AAT level 3 and have experience of working in a busy finance department. Key skills will include good organisational and time management, strong analytical skills with an attention to detail, cross-functional team working, and an ability to gain quickly, an in-depth understanding of new accounting and management systems. A working knowledge of accounting principles is essential, as is a good knowledge of Excel.
-The role is based in Oxford and may include travel to the TripAdvisor headquarters in Boston.
-The role will rotate through the various pillars of the accounting team including, but not limited to:
Commercial and accounting projects:
This rotation will help grow your accounting skills. You will have exposure to working in collaboration with other departments within TripAdvisor to include engineering, product and customer services to help drive continued business growth and efficiencies. Some projects that you will be involved in, but are not limited to, are:
- Finance database: the new data source driving elements of the financial reporting.
- Foreign Exchange: helping to mitigate the financial risks associated with an international business.
- Payment related infrastructure: a focus on inbound and outbound payments
This rotation will build up experience principally in areas of advanced bookkeeping and management accounting, and an understanding of revenue recognition within a transaction based market place environment. This will be driven through:
- involvement in the cash reconciliation process and month end journal processing most likely in the Rentals business
- expanding to Experiences as we build out our management reporting in that area.
- The opportunity to work on indirect tax work flows through the processing and submission of GST/VAT returns.
Financial accounting and compliance:
This rotation will focus on core accounting and monthly management accounts, within a multi entity, multi currency group. The apprentice will broaden their experience and knowledge in the following areas:
- Accounts payable, invoice processing, settlement runs etc
- Accruals and prepayments
- Journal entries
- Month end analysis
What We Seek:
- AAT level 2 candidate, ready to embark on level 3 study with BPP
- Ability to organise data with attention to detail to create clear and meaningful output that supports accounting and reporting goals
- An understanding of the presentation, communication and project management skills required to develop themselves in a finance role
- Self-motivation and the desire to work in a complex, collaborative and changing environment while staying focused on key goals and objectives
- Skills and Software: MS Excel required. Some experience and previous use of accounting software required.