As Director of Engineering, Enterprise Business Systems at TripAdvisor, you’ll be a key member of the Operations team whose primary responsibilities include, day-to-day operation of critical business systems depended on by thousands of TripAdvisor employees around the world. These applications include our ERP system ORMB, Salesforce, Workday, Slack, and more.
The qualified individual will work at the center of a world-class engineering team collaborating with critical business teams such as Sales and Finance to improve the systems and processes that run the business. We are looking for an engineer who can see the big picture but also likes to get their hands dirty to solve real-world problems. Qualified candidates must have very strong leadership, software architecture, and coding skills within a complex business process environment.
- Working with the VP and CTO set the strategic direction for the Enterprise Business Systems team.
- Working effectively with departments and business units across TAMG including Operations, Sales, Hotels, Finance, People Ops, Compliance, Restaurants, Attractions, VR, Flights, and Security
- Lead, manage, and grow a 10+ member technical team in Needham MA including software engineers, business analysts, Salesforce, ERP, and Workday experts.
- Leading the team in a highly regulated space including PCI, SOX, and GDPR and ensuring systems are adhering to all laws, security, and compliance concerns
- Manage critical production environments both on premise as well as SaaS based using software development techniques and practices including configuration as code, GitOps, automation, code reviews, configuration management, Objectives and Key Results (OKR’s), and weekly iterations/sprints.
- Budget forecasting and management for Enterprise Business Systems oversight areas, and working closely with and managing strategic vendor partner relationships.
- Collaborate with senior management to define quarterly goals, and lead the execution of supporting objectives and key results.
- Ensure the security of our production environments
Education, Skills & Experience
- B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated strong leadership, organization skills and people management skills, with at least 10 years of management experience.
- Experience designing technology solutions and knowledge of modern systems architecture, application architecture and cloud/virtualized/container computing models.
- Experience managing a global team including:
- Software Development using a formal SDLC
- Managing operational excellence via key performance indicators
- Project Management, including agile and traditional methodologies
- Financial, forecasting and budgeting
- Strong focus on Customer Service
- Hands-on technical depth enabling direct oversight, problem-solving leadership and participation for complex infrastructure implementation, system upgrades and operational troubleshooting.
- Exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills
- Extensive experience building and maintaining production systems
- Experience managing software development and infrastructure/operations teams in a DevOps practice, Infrastructure as Code and thorough understanding of configuration management concepts.
- A solid Ops foundation – you’re always thinking “What happens if this fails” when you build things
- Organized, good attention to details, and able to work both independently and with a team
TripAdvisor, the world's largest travel site*, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With over 630 million reviews and opinions covering the world's largest selection of travel listings worldwide – covering approximately 7.5 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants -- TripAdvisor provides travelers with the wisdom of the crowds to help them decide where to stay, how to fly, what to do and where to eat. TripAdvisor also compares prices from more than 200 hotel booking sites so travelers can find the lowest price on the hotel that's right for them. TripAdvisor-branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world's largest travel community of 455 million average monthly unique visitors**, all looking to get the most out of every trip. TripAdvisor: Know better. Book better. Go better.