We are looking for an experienced and passionate business professional to lead our Digital PR team! You will lead the strategy, planning and execution of digital marketing campaigns in collaboration with a team of experts across writing, digital experience, data, digital marketing and SEO. You will also be partnering with outside vendors as an extension of your team and holding them to the same high standards as we would expect from our internal team. By creating world-class content, building a network of relationships with media, and executing on your promotional strategy, you will drive placements, mentions or features for our suite of brands. If you’re looking for the opportunity to lead and own execution of our digital PR team, and shape a winning strategy that leads to winning marketing campaigns, 3S Home is the place for you!
As a digital PR leader, you will have the unique opportunity to join on the ground floor of a young, growth-oriented company. 3S Home has only just scratched the surface of the endless opportunities and possibilities in the home services market, and a well-optimized digital PR program is a key part of accelerating that growth.
- Work closely with our collection of site GMs to understand linkbuilding needs and objectives and set and execute the strategy to achieve those goals
- Own and define the mix of outsourced resourcing to help meet those goals
- Passionate around operational excellence and continuous improvement, constantly seeking ways to gain advantage through optimizations and new tools
- Define the bar of what ‘good’ looks like by property and put the metrics and processes in place to hit that bar
- Be a team builder; someone excited by working with and developing junior talent in the organization
- Establish what success looks like by setting key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Build mechanisms to track competitor backlink velocity and health and understand the tactics that are winning in the industry
- Strong performance management and coaching to ensure high expectations are met
- Collaborate closely with the Editorial and freelance resources to stay aligned with brand goals and objectives, and deliver work on-time
- Develop creative, industry-relevant ideas for marketing campaigns that stand out, earn media coverage or syndication across high DR sites
- Leverage the creativity of your team to build out newsworthy articles and content ideas that hook and engage our audience
- Collaborate with our analysts to identify, collect and draw insights from proprietary data sets that differentiate campaigns
- Leverage your experience with key tools such as Scrapebox, Pitchbox, Cision, Buzzstream, Ahrefs and others to inform your digital PR strategy and execution
- Ownership mentality with a high-level of initiative and a results-oriented mindset
- Ability to set strategy and execute at incredibly high levels
- Strong leader who can inspire but also loves to get their hands dirty with the work
- Ability to coach, to take junior talent and hold them to a high standard, keep them accountable and develop them into strong individual contributors and managers
- Strong collaboration & relationship building skills with both in-house stakeholders and external vendors and partners
- Ability to work well with and manage creative-minded writers and PR professionals
- Ability to balance multiple high-profile projects simultaneously against a project timeline
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations, Marketing or PR / Communications
- At least 7+ years experience directly in performance marketing or an adjacent field (e.g., business, operations)
- At least 4+ years of managing teams with a track record of goal-orientation and achievement
- Experience creating winning campaigns that earn high-profile placements is a plus
- Familiarity with QuickMail, Buzzstream, Pitchbox, Ahrefs or similar tools is a plus
- Ability to build and manage dashboards
- Familiarity with Google Drive suite of tools (particularly Google Sheets and Excel)
3S Home is part of the Three Ships family of digital businesses. Three Ships started as a digital agency in 2009, and today encompasses businesses in the Home, Auto, Legal, and Health industries with a collective goal of simplifying the ways people discover, research, and buy.. We have a proven playbook and are looking for an entrepreneurial leader to apply it to new uncharted areas. You will have a front-row seat to build and grow a business and there is no cap on growth, promotions, or the opportunity to own and put your stamp on important projects. Here at Three Ships, we are a mighty team with subject matter experts in creative, branding, content strategy, SEO, paid media, and more. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills is endless. Bottom line, at Three Ships, we have a high bar for excellence, but also a real interest in each other and making work fun. We’re excited to have you see what we’re all about firsthand.
About 3S Home
- Launched Fall 2017
- 3S Home targets the rapidly digitizing home services vertical
- 3S Home matches homeowners with the right service provider to meet their needs.
- Through our websites and partners, 3S Home has a proprietary audience of 25M+ homeowners and prime real estate in search engines.
- We have created a whole class and layer of guides, reviews, and ratings that are “best on the Internet” and editorially independent.
- We use this audience to help leading home services brands acquire new customers.
As a full-time employee of Three Ships, you’ll have access to competitive benefits, including flexible time off, health/dental/vision, 401k match, an annual Relax & Recharge Bonus, an annual Learning & Development stipend to enroll in class(es) of your choosing, and up to $75 mobile reimbursement. If you join us in person in our Raleigh or Charlotte locations, we have an office stocked with snacks, coffee, and just about every other beverage you can imagine.
How We Hire
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors. Please note that we do not provide immigration sponsorship for this role. All offers are subject to a background check.