Our Tech Team is driven by innovation. Within our agile cross-functional teams, every person has a voice and skills which contribute to the development of amazing products that our customers use every day.
Our design team works to continually discover, ideate and learn about a problem and the user it impacts. The team is constantly learning from and evolving a solution, designing iteratively to reach a better, best-in-class user experience with each design. The UI design role is a newly created speciality and your key focus will be helping us to reimagine THE ICONIC and set solid foundations for new experiences.
What you’ll do
Working closely with Technology and Marketing you will evaluate, refresh, and redesign concepts, components, visual design, screens, and features to help create experiences that are clear, predictable, delightful where needed, and that fully express THE ICONIC brand. You will craft designs that showcase your command of visual design fundamentals, understanding of usability considerations, attentiveness to brand principles, and UX guidelines. You will play a central role in refreshing and redesigning the look and feel and interaction design of THE ICONIC’s website, apps, products, and design system.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about creating seamless experiences and expressing brands through interaction and visual design. This is a newly created role and your key focus will be helping us to reimagine THE ICONIC and set solid foundations for new experiences. To do that well you:
- Actively grow and share your knowledge of best practice interaction design and visual design for digital experiences.
- Enjoy collaborating as part of a team helping to navigate ambiguity, and influence direction to drive differentiation and innovation.
- Are an effective, respectful, and thoughtful communicator with all stakeholders.
- Work closely with UX designers, front end developers, and product owners to understand and meet customer and user needs.
- Work closely with creative marketing stakeholders to understand brand and business needs.
- You take an active role in contributing to our design culture, and improving practice within and outside of your projects.
- Are happy working across initiatives and agile teams, understanding how your role works within a cross-functional agile delivery environment.
Key learning opportunities to help you grow
- Learning Days & access to THE ICONIC Learning Bank to accelerate your own learning
- Work alongside subject matter experts and across our dynamic business
THE ICONIC is Australia and New Zealand’s leading online fashion, sport, kids and lifestyle retailer. Our purpose is Liberation, and we create seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers, our people and our partners so that they can express the best version of themselves. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation, and we bring incredible ideas to life!
To be considered for this role, you will have demonstrated experience including:
- Creating the visual design direction for digital experiences.
- Setting and delivering the vision of an end-to-end large-scale redesign project.
- Establishing and maintaining a design system.
- Designing and prototyping responsive applications for web and mobile platforms android and iOS.
- Knowledge of accessibility standards and principles.
- Experience with design tools (such as Figma and Sketch) and the willingness to mentor others on these tools.
- Designing animation and motion into digital experiences.
- Education or training in Visual Design, Visual Communication, Interaction Design, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Can demonstrate their experience with a portfolio.
Experience with the following is a plus
- In-house or agency experience on a large-scale redesign project.
This role is performed on a hybrid working arrangement, which means you will split your time working in the office and in a location of your choice. When in the office you'll usually be based in the Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts, and all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air!