12 month contract (3 days p/week: Monday, Tuesday and Thursday)
At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
Our Employee Relations Specialist is a job share arrangement and is part of a small friendly team. The important work you will contribute to includes the development of our policies and processes, delivery of projects and collaboration with key stakeholders to support organisational objectives for the business. You will coach, advise and provide advice on all ER/IR matters to mitigate business risk, provide a positive experience and ensure we remain compliant with our policies and legislation.
About this role...
- Collaborate with our People & Culture, Finance & Risk and Legal teams to build strong relationships that encourage trust and teamwork.
- Advise on our Industrial Relations framework and Awards. This includes ensuring we are abreast of changes within Fair Work, legislation and relevant IR case studies.
- Assist with complex ER escalations that have high levels of impact, risk or implications.
- Project work relating to employment compliance and embedding remediation measures and governance structures.
- Review & audit of our current Awards ensuring compliance with contractual terms and conditions in our systems & processes.
- Review of our People & Culture policies, processes and documentation relating to employee grievances and complaints.
- Review of our Reporting Tools and processes of tracking ER matters.
- Create Dashboards / Reporting to present actions items to address key themes of disputes etc.
- Interact and represent us well when dealing with unions.
- Deliver ER training programs to leaders and the wider People & Culture team.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of Australian Industrial Relations and employment legislation, awards and historical & recent case developments.
- Proven experience in IR/ER/HR roles with relevant tertiary qualifications and the ability to deliver on our ER strategy.
- The ability to think strategically and translate this into practical operational outcomes.
- Exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills and the ability to identify, analyse and resolve problems.
- Excellent collaboration, engagement and stakeholder management skills.