takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Fleet and Driver Manager to join our Supply Chain Team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The Fleet and Driver Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Takealot Logistics division’s own as well as any leased fleet, quality standards, prices and regulatory compliance, and vehicle and driver management. The role incumbent has the overall responsibility to ensure all vehicles meet all necessary Road Traffic regulations as well as DQSP requirements at all times and to monitor and minimise the number of down days of vehicles. He/ She must coordinate and ensure routine repairs and maintenance of all vehicles
within their maintenance agreements and or service schedules and is also responsible for all maintenance administration records for routine maintenance and repairs of all vehicles.
Position will report to: General Manager
- Full control and accountability of the regional fleet
- Fleet management and optimization
- Fleet and driver capacity planning
- Management of Insurance of the fleet which includes, liaison with insurance company and claim management
- End to end monitoring of the systems and drivers
- Continuous process improvement
- Develop, monitor and improve KPI’s
- Breakdown and Accident Response
- Quality standards, process and regulatory compliance
- Vehicle and Driver Management
- Equipment maintenance
- Health and safety controls administration and reporting
- Team management, leadership and mentoring
- Cost control
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management or related qualification is desired but not required
- 5 years proven management experience
- Previous experience in the logistics industry
- Previous experience interacting with technical teams
- Good mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge
- High energy, self-starter
- Execution bias
- Understand how technology works for business
- Project management
- System and process orientated
- Attention to detail while still seeing the bigger picture
- Understand convenience and customer service
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, ability to use data to make informed decisions, identify the root cause and resolve problems
- Comfortable with change and an excellent team player
- Low on ego, high on delivery and execution
- Organization & sound communication will be key success factors of a FM
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind, so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.