takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Financial Accountant (TDT) to join our team in Cape Town. We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people to join us. We offer a market related package and a great work environment with a promise that you won’t be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This role reports to the Financial Manager - Logistics.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Serve as a finance business partner to the Takealot delivery team and Takealot insurance team
- Supports the co-ordination and preparation of Takealot Logistics budgets and financial forecasts and actual vs budget cost tracking
- Recommendation and Implementation of financial processes, improvement measures and Internal Control procedures.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Continuous improvement of TDT and insurance reporting, automation of reporting and building robust financial models and processes that aid decision making
- Analyse and identify data sets required to support model tracking
- Engage with different business stakeholders on project initiatives, costs analysis etc.
- TDT month end reporting. Prepare monthly management accounts and cost centre reports (Actual vs. Budget) and distribute to stakeholders. Reporting on variances, performance indicators, trends and financial ratios
- Preparing & reviewing of monthly B/S recons
- Monitor, prepare and report on capital expenditure (Actual vs Budget, Capex Utilisation and Return on Investment) per project
- Monitor all delivery costs and volumes, investigate variances
- TDT expense and cost centre allocation and purchase order approval management and tracking
- Maintaining insurance register
- Managing junior staff
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Problem solving skills
Qualifications and Experience:
- B.Com (Hons) / B. Com (Logistics) / B. Com (Finance)
- CA(SA) / CIMA beneficial
- 3-5 Years’ Experience in a similar role / environment (ideally within Supply chain)
- Advanced Excel and Google Sheet skills
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
We seek to Employ an Extraordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above criteria and are an Extraordinary Mind, come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.