Takealot.com, a leading South African online retailer, is looking for a highly talented Senior Planner to join our Retail Buying Team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative and hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related Total Remuneration Package, which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored, as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Planning Manager
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the In-stock function including demand planning, ordering and capacity management in line with department strategy
- Deliver accurate insights and reports on a timely basis on which department managers can base commercial decisions and deliver on revenue and margin plans
- Create sustainable In-stock systems and processes in partnership with central analytics, technical and product teams
- Planning management to support department procurement cycles including but not limited to; seasonality, promotion planning, reaction, import purchasing & continual replenishment
- Develop & own the bottom up budgeting plan cycle and reviews in line with performance, margin, stock turn & departmental strategy objectives
- Own and compile the annual retail sales budget, quarterly plan, working plan as well as on-going reforecasting at category and product levels to ensure budgets are achieved
- Manage end to end inventory availability and inventory health including: improved in-stock rates (availability), inventory planning at categorisation, systematic forecasting, markdown and clearance provisions, return to supplier activities and warehouse space management
- Drive process improvement and operational excellence within our supplier base by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation, automation, and economies of scale
- Drive complex business analysis that identifies opportunities to improve cost structure and profitability, focusing on continual contribution margin improvements.
- Lead a team of buying assistants; hire, manage and develop a team
- Support the operations team in delivering a world-class customer experience – monitor and scrutinise department returns, defects and write offs, supporting the customer service team on product queries and resolving any customer complaints
- Strong willingness to learn
- Entrepreneurial / Commercial mindset
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma (Commerce, Finance, Mathematics or Economics degree preferable)
- 3-5 years Commercial / Retail experience specifically in Planning
- Proven track record in planning, inventory management and forecasting
- Proven track record in spend management (OTB, Margin management, mark down controls)
- Strong numerical and analytical aptitude, and high proficiency creating and managing advanced models
- Strong proficiency in using analytical tools (Microsoft Excel, SQL and statistical software)
- Experience with process improvement techniques
- Experience in planning on Excel
- Takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of Takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve
- We are short on ego and high on output
- We are doers and not only thinkers, it’s all in the execution after all
- We love what we do and what we are creating
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above criteria and are an Extraordinary Mind, come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.