SurveyMonkey is a global leader in online surveys and forms that empowers people with the insights they need to make decisions with speed and confidence. Our fast, intuitive feedback management platform connects millions of users worldwide with real-time AI-powered insights that drive meaningful decisions. We provide answers to more than 20 million questions every day so that people and organizations can attract new audiences, delight customers, create advocates, and extend their competitive advantage in the marketplace. Our vision is to raise the bar for human experiences by amplifying individual voices. Learn more at surveymonkey.com.
What we’re looking for
We’re looking for a Product Analytics Lead who’s curious about data and passionate about building customer-centrics products. You will be an integral member of our product led growth strategy, working with teams that span across our Self-Serve and Enterprise products. This is an opportunity for the right person to help evolve our product data and infrastructure in order for our product teams to make data-driven decisions. You will report to the Director of Product Growth & Analytics.
What you’ll be working on
- Use SurveyMonkey’s data to create statistical inference and/or modeling techniques to help identify key patterns in user behavior in order for us to inform product and business recommendations
- Create models that will help design the right set of product led growth (PLG) experiments or analyses to evaluate the success of new features, and other products
- Build and optimize virality models to guide our PLG experiments
- Work with the BI and Data Engineering teams to build out our data pipeline and feedback loops
- Own data models, dashboards, and other data artifacts with a responsibility to keep them up-to-date
- Uncover insights that help us understand our customers better
- Build collaborative, influential relationships and processes with cross functional teams such as Business Intelligence (BI), Business Systems, Data Engineering, Finance, and more.
We’d love to hear from people with
- 6+ years of work experience in data analytics/science or other relevant fields
- Experience with data querying languages (e.g. SQL) scripting languages (e.g. Python), and/or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R)
- Experience with tools such as Amplitude, Tableau, Salesforce, etc.
- Experience in building predictive models
- Comfortable in transforming raw data to build new data sets
- Familiarity with optimizing product funnels, running experiments, building dashboards that share meaningful results and outcomes.
- Have a bias for using the right tools to get the job done with efficiency. You have experience making tradeoffs between speed and accuracy.
- Have worked in a fast-growing start-up
- Have experience at a PLG environment (a plus if you’ve build virality models)
- Strong communicator, verbally and written, with the ability to break down complex topics into simple solutions and ideas
The base pay provided for this position ranges from $154,530 / year - $261,280 / year depending on the geographic market and assuming a full-time schedule. Actual base pay is based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, education or training, skills, and experience.
Bonuses and commissions may also be offered as part of the total compensation package, in addition to a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; flexible spending & health savings account; paid holidays; paid time off; employee assistance program; and other company benefits.
Why SurveyMonkey? We’re glad you asked
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. We’re building an inclusive workplace where people of every background can excel no matter their time zone. At SurveyMonkey, we weave employee feedback into everything we do to create forward-looking benefits policies, employee programs, and an award-winning culture, including best workplace for parents, our annual holiday refresh, our annual week of service, and our C.H.O.I.C.E Fund. In addition, we’ve reimagined the way we work to allow employees to choose what works best for them -- working in-person, fully remote, or a hybrid model that combines the two through our Choice Model.
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We celebrate the unique differences of our employees because that is what drives curiosity, innovation, and the success of our business. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information, political affiliation, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities.