SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Does __surveymonkey__ speak to you? Then you’re probably just who we need to help us build interesting, scalable solutions (and create maintainable systems that stand the test of time). See your code go live right away — and have an impact today, tomorrow, and for years to come. More importantly, we’re a friendly bunch looking for a teammate, to learn and grow with. If you're looking to own an integral part of our system, let's chat!
We are looking for a Software Engineer who has a passion for solving complex and interesting problems. In this role, you will deliver innovative products and services at a rapid pace.
- Contribute to a system that will be used in over 200 countries. Our e-commerce platform handles 35+ different currencies and we’re always looking to integrate with new payment service providers to optimize our growth and business.
- We’re also going places with our code literally. Interested in cloud computing? Interested in how to store data effectively? We have the problems you can help us solve.
- Manage scale and reliability. With customers all around the world, our services have to be up and running all the time. The system you will be working on supports the entire self serve purchasing flow of all of the SurveyMonkey suite of products.
- We’re a company that loves to make decisions with data. We’re a people-powered data company for a reason. We want to build a payments platform that can support A/B testing.
- Work very closely with product managers and designers to build features that streamline checkout and pricing experiences for our portfolio of products. You will be using a variety of technologies such as Python, React, and Docker.
- Developing front-end website features
- Developing back-end applications
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Ensuring responsiveness and scalability of applications
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product
- Designing and developing APIs
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
- 4+ years of experience in application development on both frontend and backend
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby or Java
- Familiarity with database technology, both relational and NoSQL solutions
- Excellent communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Due to 24x7x365 operation, must be willing to be available for off-hours work
- Familiarity with e-commerce applications
- Familiarity with A/B testing
- Experience in developing multilingual websites that support localization and globalization
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.