We’re a fast-growing and ambitious company specializing in user feedback across all digital touchpoints. Continuously striving for accessible products while ensuring we celebrate every victory, we’ve established a receptive, spirited, and dynamic work environment.
But whatever your department and whether it’s New York, Berlin, London, Sydney, Padova, or our HQ in Amsterdam, joining Usabilla means becoming a part of SurveyMonkey family, a San Mateo-based global survey software company. It’s an exciting journey that we are now embarking on together, with a combined troop of over 1,000 employees worldwide!
SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
Sales Enablement Team
The Sales Enablement team is a diverse and global team responsible for new hire onboarding, ongoing training, resource development, live events, and content management for SurveyMonkey’s global sales team. We work collaboratively with stakeholders and subject matter experts from departments around the company, including sales operations, marketing, sales leadership, and many others, to drive predictable business results for SurveyMonkey and help our sales reps achieve their fullest potential.
We’re looking for a high-performing, highly-organized individual contributor with a passion for learning and helping others succeed to join our SurveyMonkey Sales Enablement team in Amsterdam. You will be responsible for new hire onboarding programs, curriculum and content development, and instructor-led training for SurveyMonkey’s EMEA sales teams. A successful candidate has experience creating sales playbooks and job aids, planning and executing sales training programs, and working collaboratively with multiple cross-functional stakeholders. The ideal candidate will excel in a fast-paced, high-growth, performance-driven environment, and excel in prioritizing their time to achieve their goals.
- Execute the global enablement curriculum in your region, customizing as needed for local nuances.
- Develop and execute local enablement calendar and reinforcement plan for AEs, BDRs, and sales managers.
- Deliver global new hire onboarding program to new reps within your region, customizing as needed for local nuances.
- Meet regularly with sales managers and reps to identify enablement needs and align on roadmap; be the voice of your region’s reps to the global enablement team.
- Shadow and/or listen to rep calls regularly to stay aware of their sales motion.
- Partner with marketing and global enablement program managers to develop and distribute sales-facing material and internal job aids unique to your market.
- Measure impact of enablement curriculum and iterate based on results
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A., B.S.) or equivalent.
- 2+ years of experience in sales enablement, sales support, sales operations, education, corporate training, learning & development, or instructional design.
- Proven ability to develop a plan to meet business outcomes and project manage the execution of the plan.
- Outstanding stakeholder management and cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong communicator with exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Solid attention to detail; excellent organization skills with the ability to balance numerous projects and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to facilitate virtual and live training and hold the attention of the audience.
- Technical aptitude with the ability to learn new technology quickly.
- Direct experience in sales or customer success
- Experience in Learning Management System (LMS) administration, including organizing learning paths, assigning sessions, training record management, assessing content effectiveness, and ensuring data accuracy and reporting
- Experience with a content management platform such as Highspot
- Experience using Salesforce
- Experience using video editing software such as Camtasia and eLearning authoring software such as Articulate
- Intermediate to advanced slide design skills (Powerpoint or Google Slides)
At Usabilla by SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
Usabilla by SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.