SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SurveyMonkey is looking for a high-performing and driven revenue accounting professional to join our international HQ in Dublin, Ireland as International Revenue Manager. This is a new role created to support our international sales growth. You will be partnering with Legal, Sales Leadership and Sales Ops in reviewing revenue contracts and ensuring we are recording our revenue in compliance with ASC 606 and IFRS 15. This will be a highly visible position as the Company grows its revenue footprint outside of US.
This role requires excellent communication skill and partnership with cross-functional business stakeholders, in addition to revenue accounting knowledge.
- Be the subject-matter-expert on ASC 606 and IFRS15 for international Finance, Sales and Legal org
- Review and approve revenue contracts, especially non-standard terms and assess the impact to revenue recognition and revenue reporting
- Provide advice to Sales and Legal on the revenue impact on a deal and suggest alternatives, where necessary
- Directly involved in Customer calls and deal negotiation
- Conduct revenue recognition training for non-finance business partners
- Partner with Accounts Receivable, Billings and Collections team in reviewing contracts, follow-up on open items and other ad hoc tasks
- Assess revenue implication on new products & services roll out, marketing and promotional offers
- Prepare deal write-ups on strategic and significant complex contracts for review & audit
- Uphold SOX controls over customer contracting process
- Involve in ad hoc revenue related projects and financial audit
- Work with senior finance leadership to build out and develop international revenue function in Dublin
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CPA/CA or equivalent)
- Ideally 10+ years of revenue accounting experience with relevant responsibilities
- Experience working within a publicly traded US multinational
- Experience with financial audit and SEC filing cycles
- Experience in SaaS business model is a preferred
- Big 4 public accounting firm experience is a plus
- Independent self-starter with excellent communication skill
- Experience in Salesforce, Zuora and NetSuite is a plus
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.