SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We’re looking for a world-class product marketing leader with deep proven experience across online/B2C and B2B product marketing. Our ideal hire will be comfortable guiding a talented product marketing team across the full gamut of PMM activities: messaging and positioning, packaging and pricing, product launches, competitive analysis, sales tools development, analyst relations and more. This role reports to the CMO, operates at the intersection of product, sales, marketing, and customer success, and has global responsibility.
Things that bring out the best in you as a leader include: partnering closely with Product, Engineering and Design to inform overall strategy and roadmap for diverse sets of customers; partnering with Marketing colleagues to create cohesive marketing programs that tie back to product strategy, messaging and positioning; empowering a global sales team to consistently win in competitive waters; making tough calls to help your team prioritize; and contributing to a strong, supportive company culture where each person can bring their whole self to work.
Four reasons why you want this role over any other VP Product Marketing role out there:
First, SurveyMonkey is a beloved brand that is midway through a multi-year business transformation. You’ll play the lead role in teaching audiences both internal (sales, marketing and beyond) and external (customers, prospects, industry analysts, partners) why and how we’re relevant.
Second, the breadth of this role will challenge and engage the most experienced PMM leaders out there. To be clear, this is not your grandmother’s SurveyMonkey: we’ve been busy the last several years, expanding our vision way beyond the inexpensive online self-serve survey software that millions know and love. Among other things we’ve been rapidly growing our enterprise client base, accelerating our international expansion, and doubling down on specialized product offerings for the market research industry. Within the last 12 months we’ve also acquired two companies to supercharge our customer experience management offerings. Between juggling different go-to-market motions (online self-serve and sales-assisted), product areas (customer experience management, surveys and feedback solutions, and market research), and geos (domestic and international), we can guarantee you won’t be bored.
Third, Goldilocks would say our size is just right. As a well-resourced public company with 1,200 employees and counting across our global offices, we’re operating at scale - but we’re still small enough for (literally) everyone to know your name.
Last but not least: you’ll get to “eat in your own restaurant”. You know this from experience, but one of the audiences that derives the most value from SurveyMonkey is the product marketing community. You and your team will have world-class tools at your disposal to conduct market research that informs messaging, positioning, competitive analysis and pricing decisions, as well as access to plentiful customer feedback including NPS/ CSAT - and you’ll share that story publicly. If you’re ready for a meta-job, we’d love to talk.
- You will manage, mentor and develop your team as they tackle all aspects of product marketing for SurveyMonkey, including:
- driving product messaging and positioning globally, with an eye toward competitive differentiation across all relevant business categories.
- informing our overall corporate narrative and the thought leadership themes that we showcase throughout the year to cement our positioning.
- bringing new and updated products to market, taking the lead on launch strategy, planning, timelines and more to ensure maximum impact.
- defining our ideal customer profiles across the portfolio, including when it makes sense to upsell and cross-sell them to the next level, and ensuring our sales partners are well equipped (through tools and talk tracks) to win deals.
- Leveraging your deep knowledge of our customers and our competitor set, you’ll provide key input on packaging and pricing decisions for products and solutions sold online and via our global sales organization.
- You’ll collaborate closely with cross-functional partners across our R&D, Sales, Strategy and Business Operations, and Research teams, as well as with your fellow leaders across Marketing. You’ll build strong relationships and provide clear communication across the entire organization.
- You’ll drive team growth and organizational structure and provide leadership and coaching to your team members. The last part is important: SurveyMonkey is where the curious come to grow - and naturally, we’re fond of using feedback to continuously improve.
- Demonstrated excellence in product marketing with 12+ years of relevant experience (e.g., across product marketing, top-tier strategy consulting and/ or product management).
- A rich portfolio of prior work that includes first-hand experience across the product marketing spectrum: messaging and positioning, pricing and packaging, competitive analysis and positioning, quantitative and qualitative analysis, product launch management, GTM strategy and sales tool development, leveraging customer and market insights to inform product roadmap, analyst relations, and more.
- A seasoned perspective on appropriate metrics and measurement for the product marketing function: what does success look like and how do we hold teams accountable?
- People-focused leader with proven ability to build creative, collaborative teams; develop people; and link performance to overall business objectives. You’ve managed teams of 15+ people and have experience as a ‘manager of managers’.
- Relentless curiosity and passion for problem solving, with previous experience using SurveyMonkey and/ or other research solutions to inform your answers.
- A track record of delivery on complex projects, using strong organizational skills and ability to influence and work cross-functionally.
- Superb excellent written and oral communication skills. This role demands someone who is in love with the spoken and written word, understanding the power that comes from getting it ‘just right’ both online and offline.
- Strong presentation skills and aptitude for public speaking, which you’ll likely be called upon to use as a primary beneficiary of our products and services.
- SaaS/ technical product marketing experience required; leadership experience at a public company preferred.
- Sense of humor not required but undoubtedly helpful, as in the rest of life.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.