SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 335,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals.
SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
The Product Design team is responsible for the discovery and definition of customer needs, the ideation and conception of potential product solutions, and the detailed design of the experience that will enable both our customer and business to succeed. We utilize iterative, human-centered design methods that leverage specialized skills and tools, such as user research, content strategy, design systems, interaction design, visual design and prototyping. Product Design team members are located in 5 offices across the globe, where we work closely with our counterparts in Product Management, Marketing and Engineering. We have three cross-disciplinary design teams focused on: (1) our survey platform, (2) our customer-experience solution, and (3) products and services for market researchers. This role is responsible for our survey platform.
The Director of Product Design for Surveys is the head of design for our flagship product at SurveyMonkey. The responsibility of this role includes all phases of the customer experience beginning with the consideration of our plans in our survey platform, and continuing with the onboarding experience, survey authoring, respondent experience, survey analysis and reporting of insights. This Director reports to our VP of Product Design and manages a talented team of multi-disciplinary design professionals.
The Director of Product Design for Surveys will be a major contributor to our overall product vision, strategy and delivery: defining and promoting UX principles, fostering a human-centered design process, and advocating for customers and users. A successful candidate will be an inspirational people leader, collaborative team player, and excellent coach and mentor to other design professionals in the organization.
- Build a culture of collaborative excellence, both within our design team and across the company
- Focus our Product Design team’s work on the customer and business problems with the biggest impact
- Develop talented product designers into world-class practitioners and leaders in their own right
- Attract, empower, and retain talented product designers, helping us accelerate while staying a great place to work
- Scale the team by articulating guiding principles, establishing "just enough" process, defining success metrics, and ensuring the team’s health and success over the long term
- Serve as a representative for SurveyMonkey in the broader design community
- Successfully partner and collaborate with the creative direction provided by our Brand Design team in order to bring the brand to life in the product
- Experience leading consumer web and/or mobile product design efforts, both as a lead designer, and as a people manager with more than 3 direct reports, preferably including entry-level managers and senior individual contributors
- Must have hired, mentored, and coached senior individual contributor designers and design managers
- Experience leading a product design team that has included Interaction Design, Visual Design, UX Research; experience managing Prototyping or Front-End Development a nice-to-have
- Experience creating and maintaining a design system in partnership with software engineering
- Demonstrated participation in the design community, ideally contributing as a thought leader presenting at industry events or having work published or featured in articles.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.