SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a talented Full Stack Software Engineer skilled in Front-End technologies to join our International Growth team who has a real passion for solving complex and interesting problems.
Some of the things you will do as a Full Stack Software Engineer at SurveyMonkey include:
- Help grow the company by implementing trackable metrics for data-based decision making.
- Work on both user-facing and non-user facing portions of our software.
- Stay on top of software trends and continuously self-educate.
- Create unit tests to ensure functionality throughout the development cycle.
As part of the International Growth team, you'll work closely with product managers, fellow software developers and designers to build new features and enhance current offerings in many of SurveyMonkey's software products. Every engineer here gets a chance to contribute cool and innovative new features that hit production fast, so you'll have plenty of chances to watch as features you worked on roll out.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of experience in web application development
- You have experience utilizing various third-party service APIs
- You thrive in a culture of code reviews and collaborating closely with other people.
- You are self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- You have a passion for building highly functional and user friendly software.
- You possess a Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
Nice to have
- You have experience working on high-traffic websites
- You have experience with Node.js, GraphQL
- You have experience with build tools like WebPack, Grunt or Rollup.
- You have experience with responsive design and building mobile-friendly applications
- You have experience with modern web frameworks, like Pyramid, Django, Flask, or Rails (Ruby)
- Agile, test driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- You offered material contributions to open source projects
- You have experience with Linux (Ubuntu) configuration and administration
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental/pension benefits, PTO, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.