SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
SVMK is looking for a high-performing and driven finance professional to join the Company as a Revenue Manager. You will manage the Revenue Accounting Team which handles the Company’s revenue recognition and reporting, invoicing, customer payments application, collection and period-end close. This role will have cross-functional partnership responsibility across multi-dimensional organization and leadership throughout the Company.
- Own Revenue, Deferred Revenue and A/R cycle on the self-serve business offering
- Manage a team of 2 high-performing revenue analysts who perform day to day function of revenue accounting, reporting, reconciliation, preparation of journal entries and audit PBCs
- Responsible for month-end and quarter-end close on A/R, Revenue and Deferred Revenue areas
- Review periodic and ad-hoc reports on the above subjects and documentation for SOX purposes
- Lead Revenue Accounting collaboration with cross-functional teams (G/L, Technical Accounting, FP&A, Business Systems and IT) on OTC-related topics that impacts A/R and Revenue
- Partner with other revenue accounting and revenue operation teams
- Own the audit process with external auditors on the subject of Revenue and A/R
- Contribute to process and system improvements – curious bunch that we are, we’re always on the quest to make something work better
- Assist with various exciting ad-hoc projects impacting revenue accounting and reporting. This could be post-acquisition integration, new product launch, roll-out of marketing program, new system implementation, etc. You’ll never have a dull day!
- B.S. /B.A. – Accounting or equivalent degree with emphasis in Accountancy
- Minimum 5 years of experience in revenue accounting
- Experience in SaaS business model with high volume transactions will be a plus
- Big 4 experience preferred
- CPA certification (active / inactive)
- Experience in or be willing to learn the operational aspects of revenue and a/r cycle
- Advanced Excel skills (pivot, vlookup, index, match function, the works!)
- Experience with NetSuite, SalesForce, RevPro and Zuora
- Be a team player who are comfortable with both support and lead roles as needed
- Independent self-starter, able to follow tasks through completion and connect the dots
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.