SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for everything global and desire to help the company grow internationally.
We are looking for an engineer who possesses a rare mix of exceptional design/coding expertise and strong collaboration skills. The ideal candidate will be passionate about improving SurveyMonkey’s product experience for international customers.
In this role, you will be responsible for developing best practices and improving the foundations of international support for SurveyMonkey developers to scale their products to the world. You will design, implement and promote common libraries, develop proper unicode data models, investigate problems, and optimize for speed and size.
In addition to coding, this position includes a significant cross-functional component. You will interact with many teams at SurveyMonkey and will need to be an effective diplomat with strong communication and training skills. If you are interested in being part of a growing company with ambitious goals, apply today!
Some of the cool things you will do as a Senior Software Engineer internationalization include:
- Work on full-stack, customizing the way we support hundreds of countries and cultures using our product.
- Push our internationalization (i18n) platform forward - enhancing performance, minimizing engineering work, and simplifying the workflow
- Build frameworks and common international libraries that can be used across all SurveyMonkey developers
- Evangelize i18n best practices internally - raise awareness, train and educate the engineering team
- Work with localization program managers to continually improve the existing product and marketing localization delivery pipeline with a focus on upstream ease of development
- Create innovative and cool ways to automate localization process and ensure high-quality localized interfaces in all supported languages
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in web application development
- In-depth, hands-on knowledge of Python and experience working with the relevant tools
- Experience with modern web frameworks, like Django, Flask, or Rails (Ruby)
- Culture of code reviews and collaborating closely with other people (not a solo hacker)
- Be self-motivated and have a strong work ethic; willing to go the extra mile when it's crunch time
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to do internationalization training
- You know the difference between internationalization and localization.
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent
- Agile, test driven development, continuous builds, and frequent deployments
- Experience building an end-to-end globalization platform
- Strong technical understanding of Unicode, internationalization and localization.
- You are familiar with translation management/memory tools.
- You have a strong background in i18n infrastructure and performance.
- You have a deep familiarity of one or more languages other than English – not necessarily fluent, but understanding the different formatting, structures and things to be aware of in an i18n context.
- Continuous integration & continuous deployment of localized product experience.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.