SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small, but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey grows and stays healthy. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Accounting, we are looking to hire our first SOX Manager. The SOX Manager will be responsible for our global financial reporting compliance efforts and will work closely with key internal and external partners to support the design and implementation of our annual SOX program. The ideal candidate should have strong project management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills and be able to dig deep into details as well as the big picture. Additional key qualities include process-oriented thinking, ability to work and influence others, and ability to lead and affect process change and improvements.
- Manage and own the annual SOX project plan, ensuring efficient and timely planning, execution/documentation and conclusion of the overall project
- Perform the annual risk assessment, materiality determination, identification of key processes / controls and development of detailed testing plans;
- Coordinate and facilitate the SOX Audit (working with the stakeholders including, but not limited to business owners, business systems, co-source testing partners and external auditors);
- Provide education / guidance to process and control owners on the internal control compliance process, including testing and performing of self-assessments and supporting evidence requirements;
- Collaborate with process owners to update narratives, flowcharts, risk and control matrices as the business grows and processes change
- Appropriately identify and document exceptions and deficiencies, including working with process owners to develop and execute a remediation plan
- Collaborate with Director of Technical Accounting and Chief Accounting Officer to set strategic direction of SOX program (including future resourcing needs)
- Assist with special projects on an as needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 6+ years of accounting and/or audit experience
- Big 4 or national accounting firm experience
- CPA license (or equivalent certification)
- Strong understanding of ICFR (including SEC rules, PCAOB rules and COSO) and
- Strong understanding US GAAP
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Highly detail oriented and strong organization and documentation skills
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Experience with Netsuite
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer.