SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We’re looking for a sharp, organized number cruncher to join our small, but mighty finance team. From accounting to tax to treasury to planning and budgeting, our group supports all aspects of the business to make sure SurveyMonkey grows and stays healthy. If you’re ready to bring your strategic, quick-thinking finance skills to SurveyMonkey, we want to hear from you.
SurveyMonkey is looking for a Senior Indirect Tax Analyst to join its tax team. The Senior Indirect Tax Analyst is a key contributor to the Tax Group and will be responsible for managing the indirect sales function of the Tax Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with third-party provider on the filing of monthly, quarterly, and annual sales/use tax and unclaimed property returns in multiple state and local jurisdictions, including backfiling returns and VDA’s as necessary.
- Reconciliation of transaction upload reports to revenue reports and to what is reflected in Avalara for period, and reconciliation of sales tax accounts in GL.
- Nexus and taxability determination for our services.
- Responsible for state and local sales/use tax and unclaimed property audits, working closely with auditors and internal personnel.
- Research and analyze changes in various state sales/use tax laws as well as advise management on indirect tax regulations, trends, and risks.
- Use our third-party provider to manage customer exemption certificates for all states.
- Provide guidance to purchasing, AP, Finance, Sales Operations, Customer Operations, and other departments within the Company to reduce future audit assessments related to sales/use taxes.
- Assist with responses to tax inquiries from customers, vendors, and internal departments within the Company.
- Review vendor contracts that may have indirect tax implications.
- Responsible for filing property tax, Washington and Seattle B&O and Ohio CAT tax filings.
Desired Skills and Ability:
- BA/BS Degree in Accountancy.
- CPA and/or MS in Tax strongly preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience with progressive responsibilities.
- Ability to manage and motivate internal and external staff.
- Thorough knowledge and use of Avalara AvaTax and CertCapture.
- Experience with NetSuite a plus.
- Superior judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with changing priorities.
- Sense of humor
- You are highly motivated and have strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work.
- You are a great communicator and a strong collaborator with Accounting, FP&A and other department members.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.