SurveyMonkey (NASDAQ: SVMK) is a leading global survey software company on a mission to power the curious. The company’s People Powered Data platform empowers over 17 million active users to measure and understand feedback from employees, customers, website and app users, and the market. SurveyMonkey’s products, enterprise solutions and integrations enable 350,000+ organizations to solve daily challenges, from delivering better customer experiences to increasing employee retention. With SurveyMonkey, organizations around the world can transform feedback into business intelligence that drives growth and innovation.
SurveyMonkey is a place where the curious come to grow. By embedding inclusion into our processes, policies, and culture, we are building a workplace for our 1,000+ employees across North America, Europe, and APAC where people of every background can thrive. We’ve won multiple awards and received recognition for our forward-looking policies, including extended parental and bereavement leave, vendor benefits standards, and Take 4 sabbaticals. SurveyMonkey was recognized by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE as a top workplace in 2018 and 2019, and the company has also won numerous awards as a leader in global survey software, including being named among CNBC’s Disruptor 50 and the Forbes Cloud 100.
Over the past two years we’ve become a public company and expanded our platform with enterprise-grade features in privacy, security and compliance, putting SurveyMonkey on the path to rapidly expand our presence within the Fortune 500. We have ambitious goals to grow our international footprint as well, and every member of our troop plays a critical role in driving this growth and transformation. It’s an incredible time to join the company and be a part of our next chapter!
We’re looking for a Visual Designer to help define and evolve our Design system, working closely with Brand and Product Design to develop our visual language. In this newly defined role, you will create thoughtfully crafted, consistent and innovative visual experiences for our customers that can be leveraged systematically across our portfolio of products. As a functional specialist on the Product Design team, you will play a key connector role between our Design System Team, embedded Product Designers, and the Brand Experience team.
If you are an excellent Visual Designer who loves systems-thinking and crafting product experiences then come join our amazing team and help us make design a competitive advantage for SurveyMonkey.
Our ideal candidate will...
- Have a passion for creating visual languages that communicate the essence of the brand across a product ecosystem and hands-on experience executing visual design across complex web and mobile interfaces.
- Have strong skills in systems design – able to partner with Product Designers to understand local needs in order to create global solutions.
- Have experience working on cross-functional teams with Product Management and Engineering as well as partnering with Brand teams to connect Product and Marketing experiences.
- Enjoy being hands on with design strategy, visual interface design, illustration, iconography and design systems – taking problems from concept to implementation quickly and iteratively.
- Appreciate critical feedback – you will give it, receive it and seek it out.
- Obsess over details – UI consistency, pixel fitting, microinteractions and even project plans.
- Be motivated by data – whether it’s analyzing qualitative data to find a spark of insight or creating variations of a design for an A/B test – you balance your instincts with data outcomes
- Value communication, collaboration, organization and thoughtful rationale in design decisions.
- Be an accountable, self-starter with good time-management and a bias for action – able to work through ambiguity, deadline pressures and manage multiple projects at once.
- Be a source of inspiration and guidance for the entire Product Design team on the evolution of visual trends, tools and emerging technologies.
- 3+ years of experience on a design team working on visual interface design and design systems with a track record of successfully shipping products.
- Experience working effectively with cross-functional teams including product management, engineering, qa, marketing, user research and content strategists.
- Solid user-centered design fundamentals with standout visual design skills and the ability to quickly produce high quality deliverables.
- Ability to present design solutions with clear, articulate rationale.
- Proficient with Sketch, Invision, Creative Suite, and knowledgeable about HTML, CSS, modern browser technologies and cross-device design.
- BA/BS/BFA or equivalent industry experience.
- Portfolio showcasing examples of visual design work.
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.