Founded in 1999 and based in San Mateo, California, SurveyMonkey is the world’s leading platform for turning people’s voices and opinions into actionable data — People Powered Data. Whether it’s with customers, employees, or a target market, SurveyMonkey helps curious individuals and companies — including 99% of the Fortune 500 — have conversations at scale with the people who matter most. It’s People Powered Data that allows them to understand not only “what” is happening, but “why.” SurveyMonkey’s 700+ employees throughout North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific are dedicated to powering the curious.
Our name: SurveyMonkey. It’s memorable. It’s recognized. It’s the world’s leading survey platform. Our brand is 20 million people strong thanks to savvy marketers who know how to connect with all kinds of audiences. From online and product marketers to communications champions, our marketing team mavens our customers to build brand awareness, launch new products, and keep the business humming. Jazzed? We are too — drop us a line and pitch us your personal value prop!
SurveyMonkey is looking for the unique marketing professional with an entrepreneurial attitude and an affinity for direct marketing (email, push, in-product). This person will work closely with Product Marketing and Demand Generation teams to drive higher level of feature awareness and knowledge of SurveyMonkey’s suite of solutions: Audience, CX, Engage, Apply, Wufoo, and TechValidate among our 30 million users of our DIY software. Your success will be measured by feature usage and contribution to the sales lead funnel, allowing you to flex both your B2C and B2B muscle. You will work closely with product marketing and demand generation to amplify their efforts through direct marketing. Currently this function relies almost exclusively on email, however, you will be expected to expand into our newly available in-product and push channels as well as identify opportunities to reach our customers through new channels. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, a great eye for creative, and a passion for marketing. If you are an analytical and creative thinker with strong technical skills who can flawlessly execute and optimize marketing programs, we want to talk to you.
- Lead strategy and implementation of email awareness and nurture streams to drive customer awareness of SurveyMonkey features and solutions.
- Recommend content and CTAs based on topic performance, customer input, product announcements
- Work collaboratively with product marketing managers and product managers to amplify their efforts through email, push notifications, and in-product messaging.
- Proactively apply knowledge of best practices and previous campaign performance to set up A/B tests and optimize campaigns to drive usage and lead generation.
- Report out to Product Marketing Managers and Demand Generation Managers on campaign performance. Work closely with these teams to achieve shared KPIs.
- Work closely with product marketing managers and demand generation managers to drive and report on shared KPIs.
- Collaborate with designers, writers, and HTML programmers to produce emails, push messaging, and in product placements.
- Perform setup and QA; complete review cycles; and program email and push deployments in ESP.
- As needed, manage creation and execution of ad hoc email marketing campaigns that deliver against business goals.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years work experience in Marketing, with at least 2 years of direct, mid-funnel marketing experience
- Has worked with creative teams and/or ad agencies, and evaluated assets
- Experience working with data to build audiences and personalized messaging
- Experience managing projects across functional areas and departments/work groups
- Intellectual horsepower, natural curiosity, and a desire to learn
- Advanced analytical skills with passion for data and metrics
- Ability to interpret data and provide recommendations for optimizing marketing campaigns
- Hands on experience in campaign creation using an enterprise level ESP, ideally Responsys
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and SQL
- Ability to articulate and champion email best practices
- Interest and experience in A/B testing and optimization
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to self manage, plan, execute, and juggle multiple projects
- Exceptional work ethic, ability to perform under pressure, proactively seek help and/or find solutions as issues arise, meet deadlines, and prioritize and deliver multiple tasks on time
- Self-motivated and willing to contribute to a strong team environment
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrated success in collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to prepare clear and concise documents
- Team player with a positive can-do attitude
- B.S./B.A degree
At SurveyMonkey, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
SurveyMonkey is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.