We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest scientific cloud computing run and our software suites continue to transform the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the applications we’ve created.
As a member of our European Applications Science team, you’ll train and guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites, focusing on supporting biologics research, protein design and other challenging problems in computational drug discovery.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided molecular design enthusiast (both in theory and application) - specifically, someone who understands the design and analysis of novel biologic drugs, such as antibodies or peptides
- An excellent communicator, explainer, and presenter
- A creative “people person” who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A self-motivated team player who takes ownership of projects and manages time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide scientific support to current and prospective customers, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitation of interactions between customers and product development teams, and giving general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting-edge scientific research and advise our customers on best practices for computational modeling
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Solid experience in structure based modeling of macromolecules
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector in one of the following areas: Antibody, enzyme, or peptide modeling; protein-protein docking; protein structure prediction; molecular dynamics simulations
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; French language skills would be considered a bonus
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time
- Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- Enhanced sampling dynamics/free energy calculations
- Computational small molecule drug design
- Python programming