Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery and materials science through the use of breakthrough computational software methods. We are currently looking for a full-time Accounting Intern to join our Finance team based in Portland, Oregon for the summer of 2021.
Our Finance team comprises approximately 20 professionals involved in a broad range of functional areas, including order management, revenue accounting, general accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, external reporting, tax, financial planning and analysis, internal controls, equity plan management and payroll. The intern will have the opportunity to learn about the various accounting operations and supporting activities performed within a publicly-traded life sciences, material sciences and software development company.
What You’ll Do:
- Support activities of order management, revenue, general accounting, accounts payable and external reporting
- Perform assigned accounting activities using Netsuite software
- Prepare assigned supporting information using Google Sheets and MS Excel
- Work closely with other areas of the Finance organization by performing analysis and delivering information as requested
What You Should Have:
- Two or four-year degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, or nearing completion of a four-year degree
- Basic knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficiency with spreadsheets, including either MS Excel or Google Sheets
- Some familiarity with accounting software is helpful
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, demonstrated problem solving ability
- Demonstrated ability as a detail-oriented self-starter who can work effectively as a team member and can deliver accurate results in a timely manner.
- Clear and professional verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time-management skills
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. We have catered meals in the office every day and a company culture that is relaxed but engaged. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
Like all internships at Schrödinger, this position is paid.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.