We’re seeking a Senior Accountant to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods.
Schrödinger (Nasdaq: SDGR) is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Accounting team, you’ll play a key role in monitoring and maintaining our company’s financial success. This role offers the opportunity for a detail-oriented professional to collaborate with a team of dynamic colleagues at the intersection of tech and pharmaceutical science.
Who will love this job:
- An analytical problem-solver who can maintain a professional demeanor under pressure
- An excellent oral and written communicator who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
- A detail-oriented project manager with superb organizational skills
What you’ll do:
- Help research complex accounting issues and resolve significant and/or non-routine accounting transactions
- Assist in preparing documentation and accounting position memos
- Aid with financial reporting and monthly close process, including SEC filings
- Collaborate on preparation of monthly management reports
- Aid with internal control compliance including first year SOX implementation, control design, and control testing
- Facilitate our work with outside accounting firms to prepare the Company’s federal and state tax returns by supplying financial statements, supporting schedules, and reconciliations as needed
- Support the assembly of supporting documentation for outside accounting firms for annual research and development credit studies, annual 382 study, and annual transfer pricing analysis for foreign locations
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- At least four years of professional accounting experience in a corporate environment or two years’ relevant experience at a CPA firm (CPA designation preferred)
- Proficiency with spreadsheet programs like Excel, as well as accounting software
- Familiarity with SOX and tax accounting is a plus