We’re looking to hire a Senior DMPK Representative for Drug Discovery to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger provides advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions that accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery and materials design. Schrödinger has a growing pipeline of early stage assets and has co-founded leading biotech companies, including Nimbus Therapeutics and Morphic Therapeutic. In addition, the company has deep partnerships and collaborations in such fields as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
As a member of the DMPK and Translational ADMET group, you’ll enable progression of novel and best-in-class drug candidates in discovery and early clinical development. You will also aid the Drug Discovery group in developing and executing the DMPK and PK/PD strategies necessary for the facilitation of optimized candidate molecule advancement.
Who will love this job:
- A PK analysis expert
- An experienced Phoenix/WinNonlin and MATLAB SimBiology user
- A dedicated student of PK/PD modeling
- A proven PI and scientific strategist
- A highly motivated, self-driven, and results-oriented data-analyzer
- An excellent communicator and presenter who can work both as a team player and a project driver
- A flexible, socially adept scientist who’s excited about networking and building internal and external relationships
What you’ll do:
- Develop and drive DMPK and PK/PD strategy for Drug Discovery projects
- Represent DMPK group on internal and intercompany project teams to materialize molecular modeling design ideas into druggable novel chemical entities
- Collaborate with internal and intercompany project team members and external CROs to generate relevant data to enable knowledge and data integration
- Effectively communicate DMPK and PK/PD knowledge and strategy to internal and intercompany project teams, functional leaders, and other key stakeholders
- Analyze and integrate in silico, physicochemical, ADME, and DMPK data to impact molecule design and selection with a focus on druggability
- Appropriately apply PK and PK/PD modeling/simulation to guide the design and execution of in vivo preclinical animal experiments for efficacy and toxicology and to develop robust translational and biomarker strategies for clinical candidates
- Organize appropriate reports for regulatory submission of development drug candidates and ensure the overall quality of the studies and interpretation
What you should have:
- A bachelor's degree in pharmaceuticals sciences or related field and at least fifteen years of industry experience, a master’s degree and at least ten years of industry experience, or a PhD and at least five years of industry experience
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to collaborate and develop strong working relationships to resolve issues and advance programs
- Prior experience with independently representing DMPK on project teams