Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is looking for a Solutions Architect who will work directly with top-tier customers, scientists, and developers to deploy, configure, and tune the company's high-end suite of molecular modeling and informatics applications and related systems. This position involves maintaining Schrödinger’s internal scientific computing resources and presents an exciting opportunity to work with highly-skilled individuals within challenging software environments.
The ideal candidate is an excellent problem-solver, fast learner, and great communicator. This person should also have plenty of motivation to learn and the tenacity required to accomplish the team's mission. The position can also be performed from San Diego.
- Ensure that our software performs optimally in the customer environment (which ranges from smaller scale desktop environments to sophisticated HPC and cloud environments)
- Design and implement optimal deployment strategies and interfaces for integration into customer systems and technologies
- Work closely with customers on the installation, configuration, and update/maintenance of on-premises or cloud-hosted installations
- Collaborate with product managers, scientists, and developers to improve the deployment, support, and configuration aspects of our applications
- Partner with our global IT team to support and improve Schrödinger’s internal infrastructure
- In-depth understanding of the Linux system and deep experience with system administration tasks, including very good skills in at least one scripting language (e.g., bash, python)
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities
- Good knowledge about technologies used in desktop and HPC environments (e.g. distributed resource management systems, high-performance interconnects, application deployment systems, networking)
- Familiarity with technologies commonly used in web-based applications (e.g., certificate management, reverse proxy configuration, SQL databases)
- Cloud computing experience with at least one major resource provider (GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Background in performance monitoring and investigation and analysis of performance issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel
- Understanding of cheminformatics and/or organic chemistry
- Experience with research data management & IT environments in the pharmaceutical or other scientific industry
- GPGPU computing experience
- Advanced networking experience, e.g. DNS, routing, firewalls, proxies, VPCs, NAT gateways
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
We've been working remotely from across the world over the past few months because the health and safety of our employees is paramount. Nonetheless, we have kept Schrödinger's outstanding culture going through a series of online fitness classes, trivia nights, happy hours, and so much more.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.