We are excited to offer an opportunity for a diverse group of talented students to join Schonfeld. We are seeking a detail oriented and analytical intern to join our Operations division under the Asset Servicing team at Schonfeld in our London office. The group is primarily responsible for corporate actions processing, security master data integrity, and settlement breaks resolution. The team has daily interactions across all areas of the firm, including tax, accounting, trading, middle office, technology, our prime brokers, and our internal and external Portfolio Managers.
The Operations team at Schonfeld take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges. They are responsible for the trade life cycle and that includes everything from supporting trading and portfolio managers all the way through to trade settlement. In operations you will collaborate with many peers from different departments, such as but not limited to Risk, Portfolio Financing and Fund Accounting. Operations touches upon many different facets as we are responsible for ensuring the investment side of the business can deploy their investment strategies. The Operations team is best in class in supporting policies and procedures for optimal efficiency.
What You’ll Do
- Interact with investment teams, sell side partners, admins, vendors and internal groups to perform daily operational treasury functions
- Support the Head of Treasury Operations in all executing best in class processes for financing operational oversight and reconciliations.
- Interact key investment and business support stakeholders to understand their information needs. Solicit feedback to develop and produce reporting as needed.
- Reconcile daily and monthly financial data with fund admin and accounting books of record
- Assist in building processes, dashboards, and systems to ensure entries and optimization are accurate.
What You’ll Bring
What you need:
- Interest in gaining Operations experience in finance
- Understanding of finance and hedge fund strategies
- Proficiency in Excel and other MS Office applications
We’d love if you had:
- A major in Finance, Economics, Accounting Business Administration or Computer Sciences
- Working knowledge in SQL and/or any programming language
- Prior experience using reporting or analytics tools with data aggregation
The Schonfeld summer internship provides students with a unique opportunity to experience Schonfeld, our work, our people, and our culture. Interns will typically join a small team and will spend 10 weeks at Schonfeld from June - August.
Each summer intern will work on a tailored project that will provide them with real world experience. We provide all interns with a dedicated mentor and manager to help them navigate the summer successfully. Interns will also participate in our learning program, the Sapphire: Summer Session, which aims to provide tangible skills training and education on various functions across the firm and in the workplace. Along with the hands-on guidance and support from managers and mentors, interns will participate in weekly networking events, engage with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alliance, attend panel discussions, and have many opportunities to get to know Schonfeld’s core values in practice.
Who We Are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a global multi-strategy, multi-manager investment platform that harnesses the transformative power of people to perform in all market environments. Our dynamic culture inspires better outcomes for our team, our investors, and our partners. We aim to consistently deliver risk-adjusted returns, with people driving performance.
We specialize in four core strategies: Quantitative Trading, Fundamental Equity, Tactical Trading, and Discretionary Macro & Fixed Income. We capitalize on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets, drawing from a significant investment in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics.
We invest through internal portfolio managers and external partner funds, pursuing alignment among investors, investment professionals, and the firm. Our footprint spans 7 countries and 19 offices.
Talent is our strategy. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority. We are teamwork-oriented, collaborative, and encourage ideas—at all levels—to be shared. As an organization committed to investing in our people, we provide learning & educational offerings and opportunities to make an impact.
We foster a sense of belonging among all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. Our employees value diversity across identity, thought, people and perspective which serves as the foundation of our culture. As a firm, we are committed to creating a hiring process that is fair, welcoming and supportive.