We are seeking a highly analytical and detail-oriented professional to join our Operations Risk & Controls team. This group is responsible for all account onboardings across the firm, setting up the static data that drives trade bookings, and the overall documentation for all high-risk areas in Operations. You will collaborate with many peers from different departments, such as: Risk, Portfolio Financing, Middle Office, Fund Accounting and Back Office. Great organizational and interpersonal skills as well as mental resilience are required to succeed in this role. The Operations Risk & Controls team takes pride in suggesting policies for optimal efficiency across business lines. This role will sit in our newly formed HQ2 location in Miami, FL.
What you’ll do
The individual will be responsible for successful, operational data excellence and onboarding delivery, while working in a fast-growing operations team in Miami, FL. You will be responsible for day-to-day deliverables; help drive process improvements and project initiatives.
- Self-starter and independent worker with strong sense of ownership, capable of delivering, driving, and shaping results and to meet deadlines under pressure
- Develop relationships with key external service providers, ensuring oversight of outsourced processes and optimizing working relationships
- Assist in building and innovating our central Reference Data repository that services the firm
- Responsible for all new investment onboarding requests such as but not limited to new brokers, strategy’s, commission rules, counterparties, etc.
- Oversee static data mappings across various systems on new brokers, accounts, and counterparties
- Coordinate with various teams globally: Legal / KYC / Middle Office / Investment to gather information and enhance existing workflows.
- Improve our current onboarding process by creating tactical enhancements that lead to strategic solutions and automated workflows
- In efforts of operational oversight and documentation: coordinate with various teams to help author a best practices procedures manual, implement and monitor
- Help suggest areas of improvement that will benefit all stakeholders across organizational processes as a center for controls and excellence
- Verify information in various systems to ensure static data integrity for the entire firm
- Illustrations of high-risk workflows for knowledge sharing across all departments
- Build metrics across all sub-departments within Operations to track relevant KPI’s and analytics
- Liaise with parties internally & externally to monitor status and meeting deliverables
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Exceptional orientation and passion for details and data normalization
- Organizational skills, with a strong appreciation for data cataloging when managing projects
- Time management skills with relevance to project deadlines and prioritization of projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to adhere to the firm’s ethos and enhance team-to-team communication
- Curiosity for learning and understanding how things work and systems interact.
- Excellent Excel skills: comfortable writing macros / VBA
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a related financial services support role
- Diligent working style with attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Committed, able to work under pressure and great team player
We’d love if you had:
- Any experience with productivity tools (Confluence, JIRA, Visio, or MIRO)
- Any experience with the account onboarding processes from either the buy side or a bulge bracket firm
- Any experience with legal documentation relating to trading execution agreements and/or FIA-Tech Portal.
- Experience with SQL, or other technical skills
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a global multi-strategy, multi-manager investment platform that harnesses the transformative power of people to perform in all market environments. Our dynamic culture inspires better outcomes for our team, our investors, and our partners. We aim to consistently deliver risk-adjusted returns, with people driving performance.
We specialize in four core strategies: Quantitative Trading, Fundamental Equity, Tactical Trading, and Discretionary Macro & Fixed Income. We capitalize on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets, drawing from a significant investment in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics.
We invest through internal portfolio managers and external partner funds, pursuing alignment among investors, investment professionals, and the firm. Our footprint spans 7 countries and 19 offices.
Talent is our strategy. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority. We are teamwork-oriented, collaborative, and encourage ideas—at all levels—to be shared. As an organization committed to investing in our people, we provide learning & educational offerings and opportunities to make an impact.
We foster a sense of belonging among all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. Our employees value diversity across identity, thought, people and perspective which serves as the foundation of our culture. As a firm, we are committed to creating a hiring process that is fair, welcoming and supportive.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $120,000 and $140,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.