We are seeking a highly analytical and detail-oriented professional to join our Operations Risk & Controls team. This group is responsible for all account onboarding across the firm, setting up the static data that drives trade bookings, and the overall documentation for all high-risk areas in Operations. You will collaborate with many peers from different departments, such as: Risk, Portfolio Financing, Middle Office, Fund Accounting and Back Office. Great organizational and interpersonal skills as well as mental resilience are required to succeed in this role. The Operations Risk & Controls team takes pride in suggesting policies for optimal efficiency across business lines. This role will sit in our newly formed HQ2 location in Miami, FL.
What you’ll do
- Continuing to help build our master relationship contact sheet – covers all PB / EB / ISDA relationships.
- Coordinate with the team to help author a best practices procedures manual
- Help suggest areas of improvement that will benefit all stakeholders
- Improving upon our current Onboarding guides as new system enhancements occur
- Coordinate with various teams globally: Legal / KYC / Middle Office to gather information and enhance existing workflows.
- Verify information in various systems to ensure static data integrity for the entire firm
- Illustrations of high-risk workflows for knowledge sharing across all departments
- Project Management
- Help catalog new broker relationship requests and team JIRA work items for management prioritization
- Help collate updates across the firm for tri-weekly team updates being sent to Senior Management.
- Help prepare presentation notes and team takeaway action items from large stakeholder meetings
- Follow up with parties internally & externally to monitor if deadlines are on target due to many intra-team dependencies
- Handling ad hoc system issues relating to trade flows across various internal proprietary systems
- Broker Onboarding
- Coordinate from internal request to final execution for various execution agreements like: CDEA/ Give up Agreements / Options Application forms / FX Designation Notices
- Once new brokers are established, coordinate respective system mappings with all internal and external stakeholders.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- Organizational skills, with a strong appreciation for data cataloging when managing projects
- Time management skills with relevance to project deadlines and prioritization of projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interpersonal skills to adhere to the firm’s ethos and enhance team-to-team communication
- Curiosity for learning and understanding how things work and systems interact.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in a related financial services support role
- Diligent working style with attention to detail and high standards for quality
- Committed, able to work under pressure and great team player
We’d love if you had:
- Any experience with productivity tools (Confluence, JIRA, Visio, or MIRO)
- Any experience with the account onboarding processes from either the buy side or a bulge bracket firm
- Any experience with legal documentation relating to trading execution agreements and/or FIA-Tech Portal.
- Experience with SQL, VBA, or other technical skills
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies: quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading, and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility, and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe, and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.