We are excited to offer an opportunity for a diverse group of talented students to join the internship program at Schonfeld. You’ll spend ten weeks with our Capital Development & Investor Relations team, where you will be immersed in the culture and atmosphere of Schonfeld, working alongside talented professionals on meaningful projects. The intern will ultimately support the Capital Development & Investor Relations team to deliver the firm and its offerings to its highly institutional investor base.
What you’ll do
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work directly with the team to manage and maintain key investor, prospect and counterparty relationships
- Take detailed notes and manage follow ups on client, prospect and counterparty calls
- Help create a capital-development focused online investor portal
- Work with internal Legal & Compliance teams to enhance client monitoring processes
- Update marketing collateral including tear sheets, DDQs and fund presentations
- Help enhance CRM databases and organization of the team’s deal flow
- Assist on client servicing requests to ensure investor operational needs are met in a timely manner
- Assist in calendar management and priority management for the Capital Development & Investor Relations team
- Develop creative ways to deliver industry intelligence and news to the team via various data sources
- Assist in statistical analysis comparing Schonfeld funds to peers in the space
- Help create other efficiencies as we continue to grow our investor base and the team
You will be assigned both a manager and mentor, participate in organized team-building events, lunch and learns, social activities, and network with senior management throughout the summer. You will be assigned summer-long projects that will be directly related to the work of the team you are assigned to, which you will present on at the completion of the program. Upon completion of the internship, you may be extended a full-time offer of employment.
What you’ll bring
- A junior pursing a Bachelor’s degree with an interest in capital raising, Investor Relations, finance, or business
- Strong sense of judgment and always act with extreme confidentiality/discretion in mind
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
- Quantitative background and/or highly analytical acumen
- Extremely collaborative with the ability to thrive in a team environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple streams of information & tasks
- Ability to take direction and deliver on stated tasks
- Strong interest in taking ownership of work and attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Basic understanding of hedge fund business preferred but not required
The Schonfeld summer internship provides students with a unique opportunity to experience Schonfeld, our work, our people, and our culture. Interns will typically join a small team and will spend 10 weeks at Schonfeld from June - August.
Each summer intern will work on a tailored project that will provide them with real world experience. We provide all interns with a dedicated mentor and manager to help them navigate the summer successfully. Interns will also participate in our learning program, the Sapphire: Summer Session, which aims to provide tangible skills training and education on various functions across the firm and in the workplace. Along with the hands-on guidance and support from managers and mentors, interns will participate in weekly networking events, engage with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alliance, attend panel discussions, and have many opportunities to get to know Schonfeld’s core values in practice.
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The annual base pay for this role is expected to be between $80,000 and $90,000 which will be prorated based on internship start and end date. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications and experience and level of education.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status