The Senior Business Analyst will serve as a key resource in Schonfeld’s endeavor to redesign its Master Data Management architecture and strategy. This role requires a strong fundamental understanding of Master Data Management principles. The position will require strong interpersonal and organizational skill as it entails business requirements discovery and formalization across our Reference Data stakeholder community. The applicant will be a key contributor in development sprint planning and will be part of the team dedicated to our redesign efforts. This position is a member of the Product Management team and will report into the Reference Data Product Manager.
What you’ll do
The Senior Business Analyst will work with Product, Technology and Operational domain experts in the Reference Data Management space and contribute to the vision for next generation Reference Data Management at Schonfeld. The candidate will be responsible to assist with Business Domain formalization and Data Modeling. They will build a deep understanding of what solutions exist today, their user community and formulate pathways integrating those systems to our next generation backbone. The Senior Business Analyst will be asked to organize deliverables, improve transparency on projected and delivered outcomes by demonstrating excellent project planning skill. They will have the opportunity to assist in a variety of capacities spanning the creation, maintenance, distribution, documenting and cataloging of Reference Data in the Enterprise. They will partner with Architectural leadership and assist the development team with requirements gathering and formalization, building acceptance criteria for prioritized work and supporting a data quality approach to the product that is demanded by its Stakeholders.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
• Proven experience in Financial Services Master Data Management with familiarity to common data sets such as Account, Security, Corporate Actions, Counterparty, Custodial, Trading Calendar and related
• Minimum of five years’ experience in financial services
• Project Management skillset with a solid understanding of the product lifecycle
• Proven experience with Data Modeling/Tools eg) Erwin, ER/Studio/DbSchema, etc.
• Expertise with SQL
• Knowledge of modern enterprise data distribution practices
• Superior communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to form strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders; team-first mentality
• Exposure to working with high performing Software Development Teams
• Experience configuring and maintaining reference data in 3rd party Reference Data Management systems
• Understanding of Documentation and Work Management Suites (Atlassian JIRA, Confluence, Visio)
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field
We’d love if you had:
• Buy Side experience
• Data Visualization/Business Intelligence Tools exposure (PowerBI, Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
• Working knowledge of a third party Master Data Management (MDM) suite; data/schema configuration and management
• Experience with Python, scripting and ability work and interact with APIs
• An understanding and experience with Agile methodologies, technical understanding of products, and familiarity with industry standards and best practices
• A strong “systems thinking” mindset and the ability to articulate the big picture
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our D&I initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro and fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.
The base pay for this role is expected to be between $175,000 and $200,000. The expected base pay range is based on information at the time this post was generated. This role may also be eligible for other forms of compensation such as a performance bonus and a competitive benefits package. Actual compensation for the successful candidate will be determined based on a variety of factors such as skills, qualifications, and experience.