Schonfeld is growing and seeking highly qualified and talented technologists across multiple development teams.
- The Portfolio Management (PORT) team at Schonfeld is tasked with creating a platform that serves as the golden data source for post trade operational data - near real-time positions, start-of-day position, end-of-day position, trades, executions and P&L.
- The Reference Data Management team at Schonfeld focuses on building a centralized data delivery and master data management pipeline allowing for the optimization of the day-to-day operations of the business.
- The Accounting & Valuation Technology (AVT) team at Schonfeld is responsible for the eco-system which provides accurate T0 and T+1 Position, P&L & Transactions Data via its shadow accounting system (Geneva) to key organizational stakeholders in the Fund Accounting, Valuation, Operations, Compliance, Risk and Business Analytics areas. The AVT team is also directly supporting the automation needs of Fund Accounting in the realm of Investor Reporting, Portfolio Manager performance payout estimations and allocations. The team builds the technology that applies Schonfeld’s valuation policy across a complex universe of listed and OTC instruments and derivatives traded in the Fund.
- The Operations Technology team at Schonfeld is responsible for building and maintaining all systems related to the fund’s intraday and end of day trade reporting facilities across all investments to our Prime Brokers, Fund Primary and Shadow books of record systems. To facilitate the pre-emptive reconciliation needs of our platform, the team continues to evolve a T0 trade matching architecture that spans Cash and Swap instruments with our Executing counterparties to continue to strive for a full Straight Thru Processing (STP) experience for our Global Operations to meet the demands of our high volume business.
What you’ll do
Senior Software Engineers at Schonfeld take on a wide range of responsibilities and challenges. They design, develop, deploy and support existing applications as well as new features and platforms. They run projects and lead initiatives. You will participate in an Agile framework, continuously improving and expanding platform capabilities based on rapidly changing business requirements as well as providing Level 3 support across the globe. You will contribute to a highly supportable, future-ready, performant code base that operates in lowest latency possible. You will work with a modern tech stack – building microservices that deploy to the cloud (AWS) using containers (Docker). The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to solve problems and an interest in continuous improvement and learning.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- At minimum, seven years of experience in financial services
- At minimum, three years of experience supporting listed and OTC instruments typical in a Global Macro strategy (Fixed Income, Credit, Rates, Equities, Futures)
- At minimum, seven years of OO development experience (Java highly preferred)
- Expertise with design and architecture (stateful reactive microservices experience preferred)
- Experience leading strategic technical initiatives from start to finish
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with messaging systems (Kafka preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience mentoring junior developers
- Strong ownership experience and a track record of delivering results
We’d love if you had:
- Experience and knowledge of:
- Cloud services such as AWS
- Containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker and Kubernetes
- DevOps methodologies such as CI/CD and build automation
- Exposure to FIX and/or vendor trading systems – e.x. Redi Plus, Neovest, Trading Technologies, FX All, BIDFX, OTXC, Wolverine, BARX, FlexTrade etc.
- An interest in or experience of finance markets, economics, or mathematics
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions. In our agile environment, engineers are expected to self-organize and collaborate on the best way to solve problems, and they are collectively responsible for the entire team's delivery. Engineering teams are small and cross-functional, and value learning and knowledge sharing.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.