Head of DMFI Operations
We are seeking a highly analytical, critical thinking, Head of Discretionary Macro Fixed Income Operations professional to join Schonfeld in our New York City or London office. You will be tasked with running our DMFI Operations practice and building out new sub strategies including credit and commodities. You will manage, mentor and motivate a Global DMFI Operations team located across NY, London and Singapore. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to utilize your experience to implement best in class operational policies and procedures. You will be a team player with strong interpersonal skills to deliver organizational objectives.
What you’ll do
The Head of Discretionary Macro Fixed Income Operations is a senior leadership role within Operations and will report into the Global Head of Operations. You will work closely with DMFI senior leadership to deliver on business goals and ensure completion of daily BAU tasks to support our PMs. The ideal candidate should be culturally aligned, (collaborative demeanor, discretion, and humility), and you should encompass the leadership quality and skills to build a strategic vision for a best-in-class DMFI Operations team. This role will work closely with Technology and Product teams focusing on bringing greater efficiencies in automation and developing tools and capabilities to support Rates, FX, Credit and Commodities operational frameworks in a strategic and scalable manner; all objectives aimed at reducing firm and operational risk. In addition, close partnership and collaboration must be demonstrated in working with our investment professionals and portfolio managers. The Head of DMFI Operations will work closely with other departments including Compliance to provide oversight, build, and enforce best practices and manage regulatory reporting as well as our Fund Accounting and P&L Valuations teams to ensure accuracy in profit and loss reporting, accurate risk measures, and timely deliveries of NAV reporting. Lastly, you will assist in managing third-party vendors and service providers. This role is a key multi-faceted senior operations leadership opportunity!
What you’ll bring
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Bloomberg, Advent Geneva, Confluence, visualization tools (Visio, Tableau, or otherwise)
- Ability to onboard and support our DMFI Portfolio Managers
- Knowledge of full trade flow lifecycle, from capture to settlement for fixed income, FX, commodity, and liquid and distressed credit products
- Effective communication and visualization skills when leading various teams across the globe in addition to successfully managing other stakeholder teams
- Ability to support business growth by continually reviewing processes and identifying enhancements or areas of risk
- Frequent travel across regions required
- Product knowledge:
- Rates: Sovereign Bonds, Repos, Listed Futures & Options, Swaps (IR, Basis, XCCY, NDF), Swaptions, Exotics
- Liquid and Distressed Credit: Corporates, Convertibles, Bank Debt, Loans, CDS, CDS Index and Options
- FX: Forwards, NDFs, Vanilla and Exotic Options
- Optional (Equities: ETFs, Baskets, Swaps, Listed Futures & Options, Exotics)
- Commodities: Listed Futures and Options
- Buy-side knowledge and experience
- Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related degree
We’d love if you had:
- Experience working in a global multi strategy, multi-PM fund structure
- System knowledge of Coremont
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employee’s welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our D&I initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies: quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading, and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility, and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the equity markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure, and risk analytics. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.