We are seeking a highly qualified Equities Middle Office Operations Associate to work in our best-in-class Operations team. This team is responsible for building scalable and efficient solutions and offering investment business with knowledgeable expertise that drives the firm’s platform and the production of our portfolio strategies. The candidate would own some of the unique operational challenges inherent problem solving and bring solid experience and creative solutions to the team.
What you’ll do
This is a role that requires experience managing trade lifecycle, assisting trading with trade bookings, corporate action processing, support on P&L inquiries, and daily reconciliations. Processing trade allocations, affirmations, and settlements along with option exercise/assignments, and items of the like while monitoring third-party platforms for trade management. Will work closely with Trading, Portfolio Managers, Fund Accounting, Technology and Risk teams to deliver timely position data accuracy, P&L, and NAV. The candidate will also be expected to contribute to system and process enhancement efforts across the organization.
What you’ll bring
What you need:
- A bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or related degree
- 1-5 years’ experience in Operations; buy-side experience at a hedge fund with direct exposure to traders/PMs preferred. Sell-side experience dealing with trade capture and DTC settlements also considered
- Exposure to domestic cash equities required, with listed options, equity swaps, and int’l equities a plus.
- Experience with various Prime Broker and FCM web portals and reporting
- Capable of setting priorities and carrying multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt
- Eagerness to learn and contribute to support both the broader operations team and firmwide initiatives
- Strong sense of accountability and ownership, with a track record of delivering results
- Solid communicator with excellent interpersonal skills, with an aptitude towards client service
- Enjoys working with people who challenge you and make you better at what you do
- Advanced Excel skills – vlookups, pivots, etc.
We’d love if you had:
- Experience with T-0 matching platforms (ie: Traiana), Enfusion, Geneva, and EMS platforms.
- Experience with Macros/VBA preferred. Python/SQL, and AGILE familiarity a plus.
The firm’s ethos is embedded in our people. ‘Talent is our strategy’ is our mantra and drives how we approach all initiatives at the firm. We believe our success is because of our people, so putting our talent above all else is our top priority.
Schonfeld strives to create an environment where our people can thrive. We foster a teamwork-oriented, collaborative environment where ideas at any level are encouraged and shared. The development and advancement of our talent is honed through interactions with each other, learning & educational offerings, and through opportunities to make impactful contributions.
At Schonfeld, we strive to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout all of our employees with Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at the forefront of this mission. As a firm we are committed to creating a hiring process which is not only fair, but also welcoming and supportive. On a daily basis, our employees welcome diversity across identity, thought, people and views which serves as the foundation of our culture and success. You can learn more about our DEI initiatives here - Belonging @ Schonfeld.
Who we are
Schonfeld Strategic Advisors is a multi-manager platform that invests its capital with Internal and Partner portfolio managers, primarily on an exclusive or semi-exclusive basis, across four trading strategies; quantitative, fundamental equity, tactical trading and discretionary macro & fixed income. We have created a unique structure to provide global portfolio managers with autonomy, flexibility and support to best enable them to maximize the value of their businesses.
Over the last 30 years, Schonfeld has successfully capitalized on inefficiencies and opportunities within the markets. We have developed and invested heavily in proprietary technology, infrastructure and risk analytics and continue to capitalize on new opportunities. In 2021 we launched our newest strategy, discretionary macro & fixed income as part of the continual growth of Schonfeld’s investible universe. Our portfolio exposure has expanded across the Americas, Europe and Asia as well as multiple asset classes and products.