Title: Speech ML Scientist-Senior Staff
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Overview: Samsung Research America (SRA) plays a pivotal role in developing the next generation of discovery in software, user experience and services for future products that can enrich your life.
Our mission is to research and develop new technologies by partnering with the best and brightest and creating a collaborative environment between industry and academia. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, with locations in many technology centers in North America, SRA is driven to build a culture of innovation that rapidly translates research and new ideas into the unexpected.
We have the power to enrich lives. And that's what making a better global society is all about. Samsung believes in Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and Experimental philosophy brings superior products and services that contribute to a better global society.
For this position we are expanding our Bixby voice technology and features to include advanced research and projects in Wake word detection, Automatic Speech Recognition (ASR), that includes Acoustic and Language Modeling, and personalization. We also work on language and gender detection using speech signals, Speaker identification, verification and diarization techniques. At SRA we perform state-of-the-art research in multi-lingual/accents research and bringing those research ideas to production. We are looking for candidates with extensive expertise in Digital Signal/Speech Processing with Speech recognition specialization, demonstrated research expertise by publishing papers in reputed journals/conferences, excellent knowledge of Deep/Machine Learning with 7+ years of industry experience. Candidates are expected to work in a fast paced environments.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- PhD. in Digital signal processing or similar field with Machine Learning background with 7+ years of experience
- MS in Digital signal processing or similar field with 12+ years of experience
- Experience with Tensorflow or Pytorch or similar frameworks
- Worked on advance architectures such as transformers, conformer and other advanced models for ASR systems
- Working experience on ASR in large scale production systems
- Experience in modeling ML algorithms on GPUs at scale
- Experience with multi-lingual speech, low resource speech research and architectures
- Working experience on deploying recognition engines on both server and edge devices
- Experience with Acoustic modeling, noise and ambient modeling, and its effects on ASR
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art Language models such as BERT variants and other deep fusion techniques is essential
- Working on WFST, n-gram and other shallow fusion techniques for named entity recognitions
- Experience on speaker recognition, wakeup and audio-based language recognition is desirable
- Experience with improving ASR performance in far field and noisy environments
- Working experience on masking and spectral restoration based noise suppression and speech enhancement techniques
- Experience in developing advance classification models such as ECAPA-TDNN for speaker, gender classifications
- Ability to develop project plans and experience to execute them
- Research expertise in ML and written research publications
- C/C++, PYTHON, JAVA programming language experience
- Leadership ability to lead a mid-size team
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The base pay range for roles at this level is $169,200 and $253,750 but may be higher or lower in other states due to geographic differentials in the labor market. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well.
Regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) have access to benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401(k), Employee Purchase Program, Tuition Assistance (after 6 months), Paid Time Off, Student Loan Program (after 6 months), Wellness Incentives, and many more. In addition, regular full-time employees (salaried or hourly) are eligible for MBO bonus compensation, based on company, division, and individual performance.
Essential Job Functions
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, and frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Samsung Research America is committed to complying with all Federal, State and local laws related to the employment of qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact the recruiter or email SRA_HR@samsung.com.
Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity
Samsung Research America is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
For more information regarding protection from discrimination under Federal law for applicants and employees, please refer to the links below.