Title: Lead Data Scientist (E-Commerce and Data Platform)
Company: Samsung Research America (SRA)
Lab: Big Data Lab
Location: Mountain View, CA
Samsung Research America is seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to join our Big Data Lab, you will be responsible for managing product of online software platform related to E-Commerce. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to solve various issues and enhance current platforms related to big data and E-Commerce for providing wonderful experiences of Samsung customers. The Big Data Lab is a key part of Samsung’s global R&D effort and aims to help companies operate more efficiently and adapt to changing needs of customers to solve most critical business problems, and have direct impact on future Samsung products reaching hundreds of millions of users worldwide.
Position Summary: Managing a team of data scientists, planning projects and building analytics models. Scopes, designs, and implements machine learning models to support various business initiatives.
- Lead and grow a team of data scientists and data engineers.
- Conceive, plan, define metrics, and prioritize for data projects.
- Innovate by adapting new modeling techniques and procedures.
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business outcomes.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques for segmentation and prediction to increase and optimize customer experience, revenue generation, and operational efficiency.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor key metrics.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and improve model performance and data accuracy.
- Bachelor's degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative subject area.
- 3+ years experience managing a team of data scientists.
- Extensive knowledge of various machine learning techniques, key parameters that affect their performance, and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Excellent quantitative modeling, statistical analysis skills and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on sales, marketing, improving customer experience or operational efficiency.
- Ability to develop experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, ability to accurately determine cause and effect relations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for coordinating across cross-functional teams.
- Master’s or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Statistics, Operations Research or related quantitative fields.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Ability to deal well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Experience implementing and operating stable, scalable analytics solutions and end-user facing applications.
- Work experience with overseas R&D centers such as India or Poland etc. is preferred.
Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
Samsung is committed to encouraging a diverse workplace and proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current and future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring and promotion practices) based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.